Car Remapping and Driver Skill

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

TimG wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:10 pm I strongly agree with santoshlv426 as an Advanced Driver and an Advance Motorcyclist.

Tel, if the V6S is way under powered for your style of road driving, perhaps you should reconsider that style of road driving where there are many unaware drivers and pedestrians about. We shouldn't be putting others at risk for our fun, keep it on the race track or Autobahn.
From a fellow biker (41 years on/off road). I'm not advanced though...just experienced.

Acceleration/grunt/torque, that's my soft spot...I should have said that the V6 was undertorqued for such a heavy bodyshell for my liking.
You have to use your noddle; local knowledge, timing and a bit of luck you can have plenty of fun around the twisties and stay totally within the law.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:07 pm Acceleration/grunt/torque, that's my soft spot...I should have said that the V6 was undertorqued for such a heavy bodyshell for my liking.
You have to use your noddle; local knowledge, timing and a bit of luck you can have plenty of fun around the twisties and stay totally within the law.
I know exactly what you mean! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Funny, tonight I watched a video about the F-Type. It was as follows. 2.0 Dynamic. What a lovely car to own & drive. V6 3.0 very spicy ride with lots of pops & crackles with reasonable mpg. V8 R awd just bloody stupid. Why would you want so much power. Ask Donald Trump.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

@ Tel,
Key point you make is "some drivers have the skill". I personally am not on the level of being able to throw the car into corners at crazy speeds - yet. I'm simply not trained for that and that sort of training is not readily available. Even the so called "advanced driver courses" offered by Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, Audi etc. doesn't actually "teach" one how to "handle a car". I have experienced what a race driver can do with a car on a proper track when I attended a BMW event some years back. It was quite something ! One need's to know their car and their own capabilities.

On the road, no way I'll support reckless driving, irrespective how well you can handle your car.
Human nature dictates that if you pull a "safe but sudden" move - while you can handle the move, the guy's around you will invariably panic and THAT will cause an incident.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

I personally have allways modified cars more as a hobby rather than for proving how fast it can go
I had a 720bhp c63 amg and my favorite thing was to wait for some knob jockey at the lights to start revving his car and wanting to prove his car was faster
I would blip the exhaust and when lights changed watch him act like a twat while i pulled away calmly
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

....just as well coz that C63 wouldn't go anywhere fast if you'd gunned it with that kind of power through the rear wheels even with a LSD. ...Lolz :lol:
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Sold. 5.0 AWD R - Glacier - Stage II
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Actually better than the jag tbh
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Gasman2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:17 pm Actually better than the jag tbh
On the OEM tyres even the 340 will spin u the rears without too much provocation ...
Jatboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:30 pm ....just as well coz that C63 wouldn't go anywhere fast if you'd gunned it with that kind of power through the rear wheels even with a LSD. ...Lolz :lol:
And then run out of fuel ... would love a C-AMG but just couldn’t live with economy in the teens ...
santoshlv426 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:51 am ... Even the so called "advanced driver courses" offered by Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, Audi etc. doesn't actually "teach" one how to "handle a car" ... One need's to know their car and their own capabilities.
Gasman2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:53 am I’m looking at the Don Palmer training .. I’m told he will encourage you to find the car limits by pushing you to ‘lose’ the car in a spin. Only once you’ve felt it spin can you work back towards the point of ‘feeling’ the cars limits and no when you are at 9/10ths and, when the circumstances permit, start to exploit your own car.

... my favorite thing was to wait for some knob jockey at the lights to start revving his car and wanting to prove his car was faster ... I would blip the exhaust and when lights changed watch him act like a twat while i pulled away calmly
And why is it that they often attempt this AFTER you’ve passed them on the open road ahead of the junction ... you’ve nothing further to prove so why put undue stress on the vehicle created by such a launch
LOL, almost go the multi quoting tools to work, LOL ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post