Extended warranty

Anything F-Type related......
TOMMO

Post by TOMMO »

Hi all,I’m in the process of buying the Jaguar extended warranty at a cost of £1070,as mine ends on Monday.
I had the 6 months select warranty as car is 2013.Had it in for a service on Thursday,they highlighted the brace rust issue.Im trying to get them to fix it under warranty.Apparently they have to speak to Car Care to see if they will approve the work.Does this mean it’s not technically a Jaguar warranty as another company have final say?
I’m wondering now for the extended warranty should I just go with Warranty Direct who are quoting £602 with uncapped labour,meaning jaguar can do the work anyway.I feel I’m just throwing Jaguar £500 more for a name and they still don’t have final say.
Would be interested to hear opinions thanks.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The extended 2yr warranty when you buy a used approved is an agreement between the purchaser and Motors Insurance Company Limited (MICL) which is administered by Car Care Plan Limited.

Jaguar are usually helpful and deal with warranty claims on your behalf to save you the hassle. So yes it's a third party company. Same as the servicing plans which are done by EMAC.

I would presume that the annual extended warranty is the same but I haven't seen a quote and T&C's to check. I will have the same dilemma next year. Really need to compare the Jaguar and non-Jaguar quotes to understand what is covered and not, limits etc.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

My previous 2010 XKR, which I bought at 3 years old, had no warranty issues in the subsequent 5 years apart from a water pump, so if I'd bought an extended warranty I'd have been well out of pocket. The only expense was routine maintenance, tyres and fuel, lots of fuel! Not sure about what to do with the F-Type when my warranty expires next year, I'll see how reliable it seems to be before then.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Would it be fixed by Jaguar under the six year corrosion warranty?

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/warrant ... ranty.html
Last edited by TopCat on Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I'm not sure if it helps, but in South Africa we have the Factory Warrenty (which fixes and covers factory defects) and a Maintaince PLan, the latter which is great as it covers the service costs and item's such as the brake pads, battery, fluids etc.
When I need to extend either, Jaguar recommended I go with the extended maintaince plan. It's about R25,000.00 - about 1000 pounds.
You should extend to something similar to a maintaince plan, rather than a warrenty.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

TOMMO

Post by TOMMO »

TopCat wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:02 pm Would it be fixed by Jaguar under the six year corrosion warranty?

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/warrant ... ranty.html
Seemingly that’s a grey area,it’s more about bodywork as in painted panels not components of the car.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I never waste my money on extended warranties. All they are is insurance back policies which will work on around double the average cost of claims. Difference covers operational costs, commissions to sell (such as to dealers) and profit margin.

On average the policy cost will be twice the cost of repairs so do the maths.

To keep it feasible they exclude so much stuff
All about if you’d rather waste money and sleep well

Personally as these are reliable cars I keep the money in my bank and pay if anything is required. So far nothing after 2 years, but of course you’ll always find one person who’s bacon was saved and they are the ones who post.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tel

Post by Tel »

^ +1 Insurance companies cleverly prey on peoples' paranoia, of which the Insurance companies themselves instil into their customers by TV ads etc.

Normally you can gauge if you have a duffer or not.

Owning an F-Type is a bit of a lottery, you either have a good'un or not. It's a gamble...
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩