Driving up your back end

Anything F-Type related......
Eamon

Post by Eamon »

A couple of Monday mornings ago, on my commute to work, I was in traffic on the A3 and a BMW 1 Series driver was doing that annoying thing of leaving a gap then roaring right up behind me every time I edged forward. After a few minutes the A3 goes from two lanes to three, and 50mph to 70mph, so the traffic cleared and I put my foot down, of course the BMW oik was so close behind me I could see his nose hairs in the rear view mirror. I decided to let him pass and pulled over into the second lane. He passed me doing 110mph, I guess, and I didn’t think anything more about him. A minute or so later, I noticed an unmarked police car, with lights flashing, on the hard shoulder with the officer just getting out. And who had he pulled? You guessed it Mr BMW - not the best start to his working week!
3.0 V6 Supercharged (340PS) Convertible MY2014 Italian Racing Red.

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

There is a time and a place for excess speed and its normally the safety of a race track, not, as any regular commuter knows, on the A3 in the morning rush hour ... for everyone else’s sake I hope the BMW driver doesn’t get offered the speed awareness option and is taken off the road for a period of time ...

This incident also proves the point that cameras on yellow poles don’t add safety to roads, but properly trained Police drivers can enforce safety ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Fez

Post by Fez »

There is a unmarked black Bmw working Hampshire and driver in plan cloths with the mandatory sun glasses, Hope he catches all BMW drives...... They are the thorn in all drives sides...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Fez

That’s not kind, I have an F Type and a M4 BMW!!
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
basher

Post by basher »

My car was getting lots of attention on the M40 on Sunday evening. Lots of "youths" driving their hot hatches, and half a dozen Beamers / Mercs driving in convoy at stupid speeds then suddenly braking. An M4 convertible pulled alongside several times, and the occupants all gave me a thumbs up. 😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I find there seem to be 2 types of people;

1. People who are genuinely happy for you, give you a thumbs up, say “nice car mate” (and not necessarily from car enthusiasts)

2. People who actually hate you (me). They are the ones who don’t let you out of a space, drive right on your back bumper, wave & shout “slow down” (when your doing 30mph in a 30 But you are in dynamic and the exhaust is on!)

That’s my opinion, haven’t seemed to come across anyone in the middle yet!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

They tell me that in the US You get hey nice wheels. Here in UK key down the side.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
BRGFR

Post by BRGFR »

I hope getting this car doesnt up the hate factor, but sadly in the word today there are lots of haters. Years ago Some woman screamed douchebag at me in my vette. I did nothing wrong and was exiting a restuaraunt lot. Jeeze. Maybe she thought It was her ex husband ha ha.
2019 F type R coupe . Awd. Carpathian grey.
scm

Post by scm »

Certainly in the UK Jaguars seem to attract a lot of love, they get let out into traffic where a Porsche would have to wait ... and wait ... and wait. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

BRGFR wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:37 pm Years ago Some woman screamed douchebag at me in my vette. I did nothing wrong and was exiting a restuaraunt lot. Jeeze. Maybe she thought It was her ex husband ha ha.
A Florida senior citizen had worked hard all of his life.
He decided to treat himself to a new Vette.
On the day of collection he drove out of the dealership enjoying the burble of the big V8, out onto the open road where he saw the speedo rising, 50-60-70.
He knew he could be in trouble but it was addictive.
Up the speed went, 80-90-100 until he looked down and saw 120 then he heard the siren and saw the State Trooper behind him.
He knew he was in serious trouble so pulled over.

Trooper: "Sir, it's 5 minutes before I finish and I'm off for the weekend and I really don't need all the paperwork. If you can give me a valid excuse which I haven't heard before I'll let you off with a warning".
Driver: "Sorry officer, but my wife ran off with a State Trooper a year ago and I thought you were bringing her back"
Trooper: "Drive safely sir and have a nice day."
:D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post