Stone chips

Anything F-Type related......
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

it should be a respray in a shop, only way to ensure you will get a good job and be happy.

Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I'd be very wary of getting a respray on a bonnet - I'm a full time car detailer and see panels up close and personal every day and have been doing this 4 years. A lot of bodyshop work is extremely poor with orange peel, sanding scratches and rotary holograms typical in the final finish - even from "manufacturer approved" bodyshops.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Dazarooni wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:09 pm I'd be very wary of getting a respray on a bonnet - I'm a full time car detailer and see panels up close and personal every day and have been doing this 4 years. A lot of bodyshop work is extremely poor with orange peel, sanding scratches and rotary holograms typical in the final finish - even from "manufacturer approved" bodyshops.
It’s fairly easy to be critical of paint sprayers on bonnets and I totally agree that bonnets are difficult to spray and some are sub standard finishes. In fact most factory finishes leave a lot to be desired, but what would you do with a stone chipped bonnet?
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Bumpers are always a problem especially colour matching. Look at most new cars & the bumpers are not exact in colour to rest of car. Plastic against steel & bumpers maybe painted at a different shop.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:05 am
Dazarooni wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:09 pm I'd be very wary of getting a respray on a bonnet - I'm a full time car detailer and see panels up close and personal every day and have been doing this 4 years. A lot of bodyshop work is extremely poor with orange peel, sanding scratches and rotary holograms typical in the final finish - even from "manufacturer approved" bodyshops.
It’s fairly easy to be critical of paint sprayers on bonnets and I totally agree that bonnets are difficult to spray and some are sub standard finishes. In fact most factory finishes leave a lot to be desired, but what would you do with a stone chipped bonnet?
It would entirely depend on the severity. I can tidy up orange peel, sanding scratches and holograms but it's time consuming.
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Stonechips only have one solution and that is spray the panel and a good sprayer wont have orange peel
I would expect to pay aroubd 4-500 for a top class bonbet spray
chicb

Post by chicb »

Chipsaway, but see if you can see their work before committing. The guy I use is brilliant & very reasonable compared to body shops. Do not use a mobile one, only one with a unit. Cannot say it enough, check previous work done.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S