Leaving the car with the roof down??

Anything F-Type related......
Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

Morning peeps, such a beautiful day. Hence we will be popping out the F Type, what’s the alarm situation if we leave the car with the roof down and locked.?
Will it constantly go off, is there a special mode??
Cheers
Stuart
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

The peasants will flip their fag ends in. Keep it closed.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Well the alarm won't go off but for the 12 seconds of your life it takes, put it up.

It will keep the interior out of the heat and drying effect of the direct sun too.

If you park at less than 30mph you can even save those 12 seconds 8-)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Not sure but think the 1st press to lock on the fob is locked only. Press twice & car locks & sensors active. Hope I have said this the right way around. It's in the handbook.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:24 pm Not sure but think the 1st press to lock on the fob is locked only. Press twice & car locks & sensors active. Hope I have said this the right way around. It's in the handbook.
That's how I understand it, but it's worth noting that some markets (USA?) don't have double locking.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Rarely leave mine with the roof down. Left the roof down on my old XK a few years ago outside work and the wind got up. Took me ages to get the dust out of all the crevices. Also had a bird $hit on the seats another time. Not nice.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

I agree I wouldn't leave mine down.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
mr_skinny

Post by mr_skinny »

I'd never leave mine down as I live in a seagull infested town, it's hard enough removing the mess from the outside! Also, if the roof is open, is there any real point in locking it anyway?
Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

All sound advice, been keeping the roof up, you just never know. Cheers.
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

Whilst it's good practice to put your roof back up if you're parking in public, purely to prevent idiots from spitting or throwing rubbish into your car, if I take my F into work I usually leave the roof down. The car park is secure and I trust my colleagues not to be idiots, but I single lock the car. Press the key once, it'll just lock everything lockable, activate the alarm for the doors/boot, but not activate the interior sensor. Double-locking (i.e. pressing the lock button twice) activates the interior sensors too. You can change the settings on the car to make it beep when double-locked. It's handy if you do leave your car alone with the roof off.
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post