seat control

Anything F-Type related......
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

hi guys looking for advise please.

I am looking to change my standard 6 way seats into the 14 way so I can fine tune the position, any ideas what is involved, thinking it is the switch on the door and control unit under the seat?

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I don’t it will be that easy. I think it will require extra servo motors or possibly a complete seat swap.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

If your thinking of it being just a switch change with all the movement in the seat already, then forget it.
Last time I did this was on my 2009 XF. Went from 6 way standard to 14 way sports (included all sorts of fancy air bolsters, squab length, memory, etc.).
Process was easy in that I purchased replacement seats (from a crashed car) and the control buttons were on the side of the seats. Luckily Jaguar built the entire control in the module under the drivers seat and nothing relied on external modules.

I haven't made any change on my F type, nor even looked, but I'd take a good bet that if you purchase the replacement seats with all the required motors and seat drivers side control module then a new door switch would be all that was required. Worst case would be a new piece of loom, changes to connector plugs, source of power supply to seat and more, but frankly when you do this stuff it's all experimental and takes time and thought and although I'm doing less of it these days there is not usually a simple answer other than trawling through wiring diagrams so see what's going on from one seat to the other.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post