Tune on e85 with 20 psi. Is it possible with factory fuel system

Anything F-Type related......
Lord Glave

Post by Lord Glave »

Also I suspect the block can handle 600whp/700+crank hp fairly easily. I think arden upgraded internals as a precaution. I plan to push the stock block but not to far, and if it does surprise me a give out, then I'll have to invest in building one I guess lol, or maybe reduce power a wee bit šŸ˜…

Lord Glave

Post by Lord Glave »

Also other modifications are going to be removing the cats, considering they want like $1300 for downpipes, I'll just cut and weld in new sections myself, it's pretty easy. I'm also going to try and see if I can fabricate an intake similar to velocity's using aluminum and just buy weld on bungs for the maf sensor and so on. I had to do similar on my convertible that's pushing 35 psi because there wasnt a big enough intake on the market, had to hand make a 4 inch one to keep from overloading the maf. And at some point in the future will be adding 12" wide rear wheels and 10" front. 345/25 rear tire and 295/30 front. Should make the awd launch absolutely insane hopefully don't overstress and break anything lol
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hptuners is a good bit of kit, glad your serious about tuning not just for the figures

People donā€™t tend to use Hptuners here, either canned as you say, semi hacked/secondary or stand alone.

Washer bottle is just too small donā€™t think itā€™s more than a litre, would have to get access to it to see if you could install anything larger.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
scm

Post by scm »

The washer bottle in the engine bay is just a "holding" reservoir primed from the main one in the boot, to ensure there's water handy to wash the screen and headlamps.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lord Glave

Post by Lord Glave »

That sounds like a complicated mess then and not large enough to be worth it. Welp, guess I'll be doing some searching. I reeeeeally dont want to mount it in the back... I do not want pure alcohol inside the cab... I live dangerously, but not that dangerous
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I take it from your posts you are going to build a 1/4 mile drag car. Forgot in earlier post they also fitted a much bigger inter cooler. I am guessing the Arden piston change was for lower compression..
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Rkoupe

Post by Rkoupe »

Lord Glave wrote: ā†‘Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:57 am Also I suspect the block can handle 600whp/700+crank hp fairly easily. I think arden upgraded internals as a precaution. I plan to push the stock block but not to far, and if it does surprise me a give out, then I'll have to invest in building one I guess lol, or maybe reduce power a wee bit šŸ˜…
Whatā€™s up man, do you have any updates on your build? Iā€™m curious to know what youā€™re outcome was. A lot of people donā€™t consider these cars ā€œtunableā€ but I think they have a lot of potential
Tel

Post by Tel »

Lord Glave wrote: ā†‘Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:04 am Also other modifications are going to be removing the cats, considering they want like $1300 for downpipes, I'll just cut and weld in new sections myself, it's pretty easy. I'm also going to try and see if I can fabricate an intake similar to velocity's using aluminum and just buy weld on bungs for the maf sensor and so on. I had to do similar on my convertible that's pushing 35 psi because there wasnt a big enough intake on the market, had to hand make a 4 inch one to keep from overloading the maf. And at some point in the future will be adding 12" wide rear wheels and 10" front. 345/25 rear tire and 295/30 front. Should make the awd launch absolutely insane hopefully don't overstress and break anything lol
There are guys running the traps using meth and semi drag setups on running gear.

Get yourself over to the US forums where they are a bit more geared up for modding. There's tons of info.

I know of at least 4 people that are manufacturing the intake tubes post MAF, however they do little if nothing for performance. Allegedly 15bhp from VAP/DAE, however I'm not convinced looking at the dyno plot.

Blocks FWIW were tested I hear to around 800-850HP at the FW.

VAP or http://stptuning.com/, free flow cats, meth, larger injectors. People are running just the RWD variants as well with good times. AWD will most probably break something, and TBH you want to be reducing weight on an already heavy car.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more šŸ’©
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

You could instead go to the local hospital dressed as a Doctor & nick a bottle of Nitrous. Have power as needed. Just keep the doctors coat cos that stuff does not last long. Laughing all the way too.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post