Looking around and seen two different fronts

Anything F-Type related......
Phil66

Post by Phil66 »

Hello everyone,

I currently own a BMW 435i M Sport but as I'm 53 years old, I tempted, before my joints start going, to get an F Type. I've noticed on the used section of the Jaguar site that there are two front ends, one like this https://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2945487 and one like this https://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2933469. I prefer the first one but when I go into the Jag site to build a car, I can't find anything to specify the front valance styling.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Phil

scm

Post by scm »

Front style depends on year of car, so if ordering new your choice is "take it or leave it".
Your first link shows the early model, while your second shows the latest. Mine (see my avatar) in the one in between.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Phil66

Post by Phil66 »

Ahhh, great thanks, I thought maybe it was a visual pack or something. Yours is sweet too, what model is that? I can't decide whether to go for a newer 2 litre or an older 380 bhp 3 litre or maybe a 340 bhp with the adaptive suspension and exhaust. Decisions decisions.
Last edited by Phil66 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

scm wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:16 pm Front style depends on year of car, so if ordering new your choice is "take it or leave it".
Your first link shows the early model, while your second shows the latest. Mine (see my avatar) in the one in between.
Not correct - yours is the most up to date front for the 'R'.
scm

Post by scm »

Dazarooni wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:48 pm
scm wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:16 pm Front style depends on year of car, so if ordering new your choice is "take it or leave it".
Really? I thought the latest models have dispensed with the crossbar in the front side vents ....
scm

Post by scm »

Phil66 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:46 pmYours is sweet too, what model is that?
It's an MY18 (registered 2017) V8 R AWD. Awesome car. :D
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

scm wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:05 pm
Dazarooni wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:48 pm
Really? I thought the latest models have dispensed with the crossbar in the front side vents ....
No, that's not the case.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Free latest upgrade scm ;)

I have the earlier model and love the way the line flows from the verticle fin in the vent, through the headlight and over the front wing through the door.

Each to their own but I really struggle with the updated (so supposedly improved) shape with the big plastic vents.

I fancy a 400 Sport next, as it has all the extras I would look for, but that one thing really puts me off - oh, and weight saving aside, I do prefer the look of my performance seats too.

...maybe it's just an excuse to go for the R next instead :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Lunar wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:58 am I fancy a 400 Sport next, as it has all the extras I would look for, but that one thing really puts me off - oh, and weight saving aside, I do prefer the look of my performance seats too.
The 400 has the new thinner performance seats as standard. Not for everyones taste and comfort though.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Fez

Post by Fez »

The thin performance seats give a extra 50mm of leg room, and in my opinion are very comfortable.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare