Thruxton - Jaguar experience day

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

Sorry.

...and to build on SimpleR's post, OPL is Open Pit Lane; you can do 5 laps or 500 laps, depends on how you feel or how much adrenaline your system can take!

Motor Sport Events are, if not the best organised, most disciplined group of friendly track organisations going.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

basher

Post by basher »

Tel wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:02 am Sorry.

...and to build on SimpleR's post, OPL is Open Pit Lane; you can do 5 laps or 500 laps, depends on how you feel or how much adrenaline your system can take!

Motor Sport Events are, if not the best organised, most disciplined group of friendly track organisations going.
Thanks Tel.
And SimpleR.

I really don't fancy tracking my own car. I'd much rather "rag" someone else's. :roll:
At least the 1st time I do a track event.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, likewise - and we're talking north of £700 for the day then too.

It's a shame there isn't a middle option - say 20 laps to rag someone else's car :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JFA

Post by JFA »

I join the list who are grateful for definition of OPL & MSE - did you know OPL is a police term for 'Over prescribed limit'! I thought that this would be an interesting track day :o

I had a look on Motor Sport Events and one thing looked interesting - 121 tuition £350 for a half day on an airfield with ED! Does anyone know anything about this/attended this? Link below.

https://www.motorsport-events.com/pages/1-to-1-tuition
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

JFA wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:27 pm I had a look on Motor Sport Events and one thing looked interesting - 121 tuition £350 for a half day on an airfield with ED! Does anyone know anything about this/attended this? Link below.

https://www.motorsport-events.com/pages/1-to-1-tuition
That does look interesting. I wonder which airfield(s) they use.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JFA

Post by JFA »

Venue permitting and if there are a few interested forum members, might it be worth seeing if Ed would do a small group for a day at a decent price? He's go to like having a 'pride', 'herd', 'gaggle, 'flock' of Jaguars :?: Is there a collective name for a group of Jaguars? Or better still a group of F-types? How about a 'Pandemonium' of F-types?
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

A growl of F-Types? Or maybe a snarl, but that doesn't imply the grace of the beasts.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi,
If anyone needs any help with track day insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards.
Dan.
Tel

Post by Tel »

basher wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:18 pm
Tel wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:02 am Sorry.

Thanks Tel.
And SimpleR.

I really don't fancy tracking my own car. I'd much rather "rag" someone else's. :roll:
At least the 1st time I do a track event.
That was my misconception...there is no race. You can go as steady as you want.

You will need to start off slow and steady in any track event and s l o w l y build up over the day (biggest mistake of many that they have learnt at considerable cost).

If you chose not to rag it, and drive like Miss Daisy, no one will take the mickey...well possibly, maybe :-))
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
DarkLumen

Post by DarkLumen »

I like the idea of a lesson session at an airfield. They do offer owners club events as well, this might be a good option as we would at least know the people on the track are from the forum.

https://www.motorsport-events.com/pages/owners-club

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post