Thruxton - Jaguar experience day

Anything F-Type related......
basher

Post by basher »

https://thruxtonracing.co.uk/experiences/jaguar-ftype

I know a few on here have done this.

I'm really tempted... anyone want to join me???
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I would do but it's 180 miles away for me .... there was talk at the breakfast meet on the 13th of someone looking at a Palmer sport day programme as well......
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Looks good!

I did Thruxton a long time ago now - RX-8, SLK (I know!), F360, Formula Ford or something.

According to the blurb the F-Type V6S has a twin clutch gearbox and does 186mph and 0-60 in 4.2 - don't tell ZF! And who needs a V8 then :lol:

You go from front/front, to mid/rear, to front/rear configuration, which should be interesting - although my main issue will be trying to remember all the briefing info. - age and all that!

Date wise could be a bit awkward - I could do Saturday 13th July, or "maybe" Thursday 23rd May, or Friday 21st June, Friday 12th July.

Thoughts from others?...
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JFA

Post by JFA »

I can hear Thruxton from my garden when the wind is blowing in the right direction. I did this experience before I bought my F-Type and it was great to give it a blast before I got mine. But you only get 3 or 4 laps in the Jag and it is over in a flash - and if you already drive one it will be less of an 'experience'. My instructor was also a little 'restrictive', so couldn't really push it - perhaps a reaction to my dodgy driving! I got a certificate with 86% at the end though.

I would, however, recommend their skid pan. I took my SVR on it and it was a real laugh. Good use of £99 and an hour. Don't think they'd had one on there before. The instructor was much more relaxed - he had been the pro driver who took the SVR to 200 mph with Michelle Rodriguez in the promo video, so he had respect for the car. Their Karting track is excellent too - but I couldn't take the F-Type on it!
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
DarkLumen

Post by DarkLumen »

I was thinking about this with a friend but then read you only really get 2 laps in the f-type and the instructors can be a bit tame..... Just wondering if we could get a specific deal if we have enough forum members? I'm happy to try and arrange something if people are interested?
Tel

Post by Tel »

£159 OPL with MSE.... Do as many laps as you like!
I'd be up for that.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
lewihoga

Post by lewihoga »

Whats OPL and what’s MSE? Haha
basher

Post by basher »

lewihoga wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:56 pm Whats OPL and what’s MSE? Haha
So glad you asked... I don't feel so stupid now! 😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
lewihoga

Post by lewihoga »

basher wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:37 pm
lewihoga wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:56 pm Whats OPL and what’s MSE? Haha
So glad you asked... I don't feel so stupid now! 😁
The suspense is killing me! I was thinking perhaps MSE is “money saving expert” :lol:
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Open track days with MSE.

If it is the same as Donington Park you buy a day pass for £159. Chose a category of beginner, inter or expert and you get 6x 20min sessions. A briefing, take your number plates off and pop on your crash hat and off you go!!

Adrian Flux do track day insurance. The price last time I did it was 1% of the value of your car as the premium and you pay the first 10%. So if you value your car at 50,000 then your premium is 500 for the day and the excess is 5,000 with a max payout of £45,000.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post