Scraping front end?

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

@ JFA

SVR and doing 12k miles a year - well done sir - excellent economy on the smiles front!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Parry_99

Post by Parry_99 »

I have a F-Type 400 Sport and a Mercedes A-Class and the Jag has far better ground clearance, I’ve never once scraped it getting onto my drive or in multi-storey car parks - not that I take it in many!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Never touched mine down other than the sacrificial lower diffuser in 2 years and been up tracks, ramps and all sorts
Having recently read this thread I entered a multi storey park this afternoon. Dead slow as I turned and started the ramp. Too slow, as once on the ramp, nicely polished and wet I had wheel spin and a metre of slithering as the LSD sorted it out.

Sure the guy following me had words for my driving skill level :(
Last edited by cj10jeeper on Wed May 08, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

The only time I scraped mine was when I went a bit too fast over a traffic hump, take it slow and there's a lot of clearance!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JFA

Post by JFA »

Lunar wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:37 am @ JFA

SVR and doing 12k miles a year - well done sir - excellent economy on the smiles front!
Too right @Lunar - and smiles have to count for something! And my wife does 20K in a 3l V6 D F-Pace - so, in sort, we did not attend the demos on Waterloo bridge :twisted:
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I wish I could have some consistency with t he places I visit. This Sunday at a breakfast run (see separate post) I was able to get up the restaurant parking and when I tried to exit, it was so steep for the front that it scraped the road, I had to reverse twice and could only exit with the help and guidance from some kind patrons who had to watch the front and direct me out.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

PussCat

Post by PussCat »

scm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:38 pm The only time I scraped mine was when I went a bit too fast over a traffic hump, take it slow and there's a lot of clearance!
I don't get that. I'd have thought that the speed (within reason and before aerodynamics add downforce) is not an issue for the front strip

Braking, on the other hand, is. Going over a hump with the front brakes applied and losing speed will cause the front of the car to dip....

I always get my braking done before reaching a speed bump
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
scm

Post by scm »

PussCat wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:40 am
scm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:38 pm The only time I scraped mine was when I went a bit too fast over a traffic hump, take it slow and there's a lot of clearance!
I don't get that. I'd have thought that the speed (within reason and before aerodynamics add downforce) is not an issue for the front strip
It is on the way down the other side. Too fast up makes the nose point down more on the downside, hence the scrape. Personal experience. :(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post