Scraping front end?

Anything F-Type related......
BRGFR

Post by BRGFR »

Dont have mine yet, but do you chaps have to do anything special when pulling out of your Drive? Had a 2000 vette years ago where icould not exit or enter driveway without an angle. Im sure this one will be just as dicey.
2019 F type R coupe . Awd. Carpathian grey.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Never had an issue on speed bumps or when I drove down a muddy forest/wooded track once to a paintball place.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
01286p

Post by 01286p »

There is a "Plastic Skirt" under the Bumper / Fender.
When you hear that scraping do not worry to much as it is about 5 cm / 2 inches below the the fibreglass moulding.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

The front is low but as already mentioned speed bumps are not a problem. I have one road I avoid as mine scraped there. Haven't had a problem anywhere else.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
DarkLumen

Post by DarkLumen »

I had a scape coming down a steep incline onto a flat road surface, but as others have mentioned this was the skirt rather than the body work. It was very steep, not had any other issues.
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

It can scrape on the ground but its 'sacrificial'. Easy to replace. May occasionally require rubbing along the bottom edge with coarse sandpaper.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

This is a big problem for me. I have to be very careful when entering or leaving the driveway and there's only 1 drive line angle I can use to avoid scrapes.
Speed bumps for me are an issue as well so I take it very slow. On the driveway side I make use of the front and rear PDC's to angle the car.

It is very frustrating. It's due to the low ride height that I scrathed my rim.
If you have suggestions, please share.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

PussCat

Post by PussCat »

There's a flat driveway that I visit which enters onto a highly cambered road. I can reduce the scrape by crossing it at an angle.
I always have to enter and leave my moderately steep drive at an angle.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
JFA

Post by JFA »

I thought that this would be a real problem when I got mine, but there seems to be more clearance than expected. I park in loads of multi-stories with steep ramps, do about 12,000 miles a year to all sorts of unusual and unknown places and been over loads of speed humps etc. and not had any problems. Just occasionally scrape the skirt. Even took it up a farm track with huge puddles to get to a tree runners site in a forest - owner wanted to get a picture because he was sick of SUV drivers moaning about the state of the track! The skirt is really useful - just take it slow and, if possible, have someone outside to check if it looks really steep.

Rims are more of a problem IMO. I scraped mine early on by lining up behind a parked V40 - forgetting how wide the F-type is. I now accept/ignore regular 'I'll get a taxi to the pavement from here' comments from passengers!
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

JFA wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:30 pm Rims are more of a problem IMO. I scraped mine early on by lining up behind a parked V40 - forgetting how wide the F-type is. I now accept/ignore regular 'I'll get a taxi to the pavement from here' comments from passengers!
Been there, done that. :( "Ordinary" cars are sooo narrow! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post