2 Years Old

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

So today my 400 sport is two years old with nearly 13k miles and in for 2nd service and a few other things all at the same time.

I even cleaned it last weekend! That's twice this year already.

IMG_20190513_082029.jpg

Got an XF sportbrake for the day which I like to be honest. Quite a nice drive and the mpg!! Shame I'm ill though and had the day off work - feel terrible. Mine is in for:

- 2nd service (on plan)

- H136 campaign so car doesn't remember dynamic mode on restart after being locked

- SSM investigate rust on cross brace (gave them the full number)

- SSM for performance rear brake sequel

- Boot alignment slightly out with left hand side slightly raised

- Software update for head unit as when receiving text messages it crashes so hoping to get 19A installed with SOTA enabled to get 19A2

- Drivers sunvisor bracket loose and rattles

Fingers crossed all goes Ok. Can see on inControl it is inside the workshop with bonnet open so work already started!!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Got the car back this PM

Complete
----------------
- 2nd service done (OSH correctly updated, oil level correct, front and rear brakes both 10-20% worn. 4.5mm left on front tyres and rears are new anyway. No issues found).

- H136 campaign so car doesn't remember dynamic mode on restart after being locked. Done. No difference in noise when starting or on the move. It just doesn't remember dynamic mode and exhaust reverts to quiet after an ignition cycle.

- Boot alignment slightly out with left hand side slightly raised. Done and now flush.

- Drivers sunvisor bracket loose and rattles. Done and fixed.

So all good and no cost, the other items require a revisit though ......

- SSM investigate rust on cross brace (gave them the full number). Yes it needs replacing. Warranty accepted and parts ordered but on back order.

- SSM for performance rear brake squeal. Noted. Had to complete a questionnaire to add to warranty claim. Left with dealer to sort out.

- Software update for head unit as when receiving text messages it crashes so hoping to get 19A installed with SOTA enabled to get 19A2. Yes it needs updating under warranty but they want the car for TWO days to do it.

Fair enough. As they need the car back for cross brace and software updates for two days they gave me the car back today and rebooked for 8 weeks time with another courtesy car.

Very impressed with Jaguar Derby.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Use them too. Always had good service. They’ve just replaced the rear subframe too.

They are moving soon to a brand new super complex just down the road. You may have past the site, it’s on the same road. Although I hear Nottingham is having the same, on the A52 ring road but can not fathom where site will be.

Glad all sorted to your satisfaction.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:48 pm - H136 campaign so car doesn't remember dynamic mode on restart after being locked. Done. No difference in noise when starting or on the move. It just doesn't remember dynamic mode and exhaust reverts to quiet after an ignition cycle.
My neighbour reckons it's quieter in D at low revs - he asked me why it wasn't as noisy as before! I hadn't noticed, but he's a bit of a car nut. Car's just as barking in dymanic, loads of noise. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I actually thought it was slightly noiser at start up this morning. The echo off the walls was immense!

Other than it forgetting dynamic mode when ignition is switched off I cannot tell any differences.
scm

Post by scm »

No, it hasn't made any difference to the start-up roar, but my neighbour definitely thought it was quieter when driven away. I have to use dymanic to please him now!
400P

Post by 400P »

Had the H136 done on mine during recent visit to the dealer...thought mine sounded a touch quieter at low revs but louder under the happy peddle too - maybe I'm imagining it.

Also I'm sure on the dashboard it used to show miles to empty at the bottom right of the display under the 'Media' display selection...after a quick look it now shows the date instead (have to go to the trip section to find out mileage left in tank - or Jag app on my phone if course).

I'll need to take a better (longer!) look!
- RWD 400 Sport -
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

400P wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 pm Also I'm sure on the dashboard it used to show miles to empty at the bottom right of the display under the 'Media' display selection...after a quick look it now shows the date instead (have to go to the trip section to find out mileage left in tank - or Jag app on my phone if course).
Yeah I noticed that too!! Not figured it out yet.
ejefi

Post by ejefi »

Pretty sure you can scroll through the display options using the trip control button on the end of the lighting stalk.
MY18 F-Type SVR Ultra Blue
scm

Post by scm »

400P wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 pm Had the H136 done on mine during recent visit to the dealer...thought mine sounded a touch quieter at low revs but louder under the happy peddle too - maybe I'm imagining it.
I don't think you're imagining it, my neighbour commented on it after I'd had mine done.
Also I'm sure on the dashboard it used to show miles to empty at the bottom right of the display under the 'Media' display selection...after a quick look it now shows the date instead (have to go to the trip section to find out mileage left in tank - or Jag app on my phone if course).
You can display the trip figures in the display so you have all the info in view (except hen the aatnav takes it over). As noted above, the bottom right display is controlled by the end of the indicator stalk and can show, among others, miles, average mpg, instant mpg (good one that 99max, min is down to your right foot!) or blank.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post