2 Years Old

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Someone explain how it is possible to be noisier or quieter in any given setting than before?
For sure it may start with exhausts closed so that aside all that happens is the exhaust opens or closes. Nothing else can have changed

I’m sure it’s a placebo effect, just as when I’ve painted callipers red the car goes faster :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

scm

Post by scm »

Engine mappings? Software controls everything these days!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

ejefi wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:26 pm Pretty sure you can scroll through the display options using the trip control button on the end of the lighting stalk.
Ah, yes you press the button on the end of the left hand stork (lights) and it scrolls through loads of things of which one is range remaining.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

So we are back in this week to complete the following:

- SSM investigate rust on cross brace (gave them the full number). Yes it needs replacing. Warranty accepted and parts ordered but on back order.

- SSM for performance rear brake squeal. Noted. Had to complete a questionnaire to add to warranty claim. Left with dealer to sort out.

- Software update for head unit as when receiving text messages it crashes so hoping to get 19A installed with SOTA enabled to get 19A2. Yes it needs updating under warranty but they want the car for TWO days to do it.

Managed to pick up a slow puncture on Friday (nail). Luckily it was right in the middle of the tread. Losing about 5 PSI an hour, so managed to keep it pumped up and got to the only place open still open - Kwik Fit - who repaired it with great care as I looked on! £25 and 25 min later and I was back on my way. Kwik-fit is not somewhere I would tend to go to but was stuck and they did a good job and even cleaned the wheel!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Well!!

I've cleaned the car today in preparation for it going in tomorrow AM and the dealer just called to say the rear cross brace parts are still on back order.

Taking it in anyway as got the morning off work and will have to rebook when the parts do come in......

Anyway here it is clean again. That's three times this year it's been cleaned. A new record!!

IMG_20190702_173615.jpg

scm

Post by scm »

I always think if you like polishing you should buy furniture! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post