E10 E5

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Next week we'll go for a tour through the alps, although the weather doesn't look very inviting..

I installed some fuel apps on my phone, since I don't like weird brands of fuel.
In France I mostly go for BP and also in Spain.

The app asks for E10, E5 or 95... .. whats best for my 1999cc ingenium engine to feed.. :?:

:cry:

lienz_buienradar.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

scm

Post by scm »

For mine, 95 is the minimum, and nothing more than E10. I use 99 (Shell VPower Nitro) "because she's worth it". ;)
I assume all petrol engines have the same requirements, but your manual should give details, in the "Fuel and refuelling" section.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I live in France.

You will find 95 and 98 is plentiful. E10 is fine - i use it - especially on long journeys where it's cheaper and i'm going to burn through most of the tank in a single day. E10 is everywhere - probably more so than 95 (which its based on).

I've seen very little E5

Might be worth shopping around as fuel is expensive in France at the moment.

Have a bon voyage!
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Well, thanks for the replies !
Basicly 95, E5, E10 , whatever is the cheapest..

So daytona650 , if you see an Ultra Blue P300 with Dutch plates, its 99% certain it us.. ;)

I have to avoid Italy and France for refueling. Found a nice tax-free spot : Livigno.. There its € 1,20 right now.. 8-)
Andorra we'll pass through early june.

We'll do around 5000km's in 3 weeks, at least 2000km in mountain stretches, so 1:8 avarage will be a safe guess,
so around € 1000,- in fuel... Quite cheap in comparison to the hotels. Had a hart time finding places in the north
of Italy where I can cancel last minute without cost. You never know what happens with a Grand Tour, flat tire one
of the smaller worries. But I managed to find some and booked two nights each. We make some loops as the
route will be very odd otherwise.

When its all finished I'll give a list of places and remarks about the places we staid. Did a good deal with a hotel in
Pontresina : they offer free access to cable cars and trains in if you stay at least two nights..
We do some short walks to be able to see some glaciers and wild animals also, if the weather allows it.

Been a long time since I've been on Corvatsch. A first ever above 2000m for my son.. :mrgreen:
[ ..not counting flights..].
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|