1st Service.... but what to ask for.

Anything F-Type related......
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

The beast is booked in for its first service in a couple of weeks but I am not sure about what to ask for in terms of software upgrades and technical fixes. Will the dealer automatically do everything or do you need to specify? I’ve seen the posts on rusty cross braces but don’t know if this affects my car. There is a recent update on software to add WiFi hotspot too - how do I know if I can get this? Also I’ve heard Horror stories of V8s having a software update that quietens down the exhaust system..... how do I avoid this?

If anyone can advise I’d be really grateful!

Steve
2018 F-Type SVR in Caldera Red with a huge amount of toys yet to be explored!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi,

I've not seen horror stories of quieter v8s!!
There is a campaign named H136. All this does is force the car to go back to normal mode after an ignition cycle instead of it being delayed for 6 hours. Mine is just the same before and after.

Mine has just been serviced. Here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3474

Worth asking them to look at the cross brace to see whether it needs replacing under warranty or not. If you want software updates for free then come up with an excuse!! Mine was, when I receive a text message it sometimes crashes the head unit. Are there any software updates?

The answer to both of the above was yes. Rebooked for 2 days at start of July to get it all done .
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post