SVR Warranty

Anything F-Type related......
JFA

Post by JFA »

My SVR is 3 years old at the end of July - had her since new & she has been great, with no major problems - but warranty is up then. Does anyone have any experience of any warranty issues to check out before then - I've done about 34,000 miles. She is in for an antennae problem in a couple of weeks and I am going to ask them to do a pre-service/end of warranty check. I have seen a couple of threads on this topic but can't see one for an SVR specifically. In addition, any views on the value of an extended warranty - and if so is a Jaguar one best or should I look for a generic one? Any advice greatly appreciated.
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Over here I've been investigating the same for when my warranty expires in 2 years. I have the option of a maintenance plan, warranty and service plan.

A dealer advised me the best is a 2 year warranty + service plan.

The risk you face with a 3rd party is that it will be easier for them to refute a claim. It's rare that items which need a warrenty to be covered fail, a service or maintaince plan is better, but not sure if that's offered in the UK
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

santoshlv426 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 am A dealer advised me the best is a 2 year warranty + service plan.
Best for them or you? ;)
For me, the problem with a service plan is you have to let the dealers loose on the car - I prefer to use my very trustworthy independent who does what's necessary, not just what the service schedule says.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

See below, this is broadly what it covers. Ignore the pricing

Maintenance plan = As you currently have
1 Year 30 000 km R49 303.99
2 Year 60 000 km R97 670.54
Should you want to extend the warranty only, here they will only pay in
the case of mechanical breakdown on components covered under warranty.
1 Year 30 000 km R17 502.19
2 Year 60 000 km R24 614.04
Service plan only - here only services will be covered, no maintenance and
no warranty costs are covered.
2 Years 2 Services R11 927.52
3 Years 3 Services R15 823.28
4 Years 4 Services R21 272.10
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

does the SVR have the issue with the rear rusty cross members - not sure as think they are covered?
JFA

Post by JFA »

Thanks for the responses from all. I'll see what the dealer says about service plans - I got three year's services with the purchase and have bought a couple of cars from them so they may do a deal.

I'll ask them to check and report on the rusty cross members - I have done a fair amount of winter driving so salt might be an issue?

@scm, do you not use a main dealer at all? I am in Hampshire so would welcome a trustworthy independent who knows F-types if you can recommend one?
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
davidd

Post by davidd »

I think the jag warranty is via a third party anyway.
JFA

Post by JFA »

Yes, you are right - it is via Car Care Plan Limited. They want £769 for a year including MOT and Roadside Assistance cover. But there seem to be rather a lot of exclusions when I flicked through the documentation. Seems expensive, but if my engine blows or gearbox goes that's going to be a fortune. Although through a third party, since it is sold by Jaguar, I would expect less resistance if making a claim - or is that naive?
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

@ JFA, Jaguar here in South Africa also goes thru a 3rd party, but that's just the underwriter. If you buy and extended warranty from Jaguar, it's a "Jaguar Factory Warranty" and in the case of dispute, a simple test is "would this have been covered if it happened 1 week after the car rolled of the showroom floor". This is something that's clear which Jaguar cannot dispute with the client. They need to honor the factory warranty and dispute with the 3rd party on their own.

One of the reasons that the dealers here did not recommend an extended warrenty is that the "V8's are so reliable, that large mechanical faults are rare".

The car would need to see some real action to blow the engine or gearbox, unless there was a latent defect at manufacture, in which case its covered under factory warranty.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

JFA wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm Yes, you are right - it is via Car Care Plan Limited. They want £769 for a year including MOT and Roadside Assistance cover. But there seem to be rather a lot of exclusions when I flicked through the documentation. Seems expensive, but if my engine blows or gearbox goes that's going to be a fortune. Although through a third party, since it is sold by Jaguar, I would expect less resistance if making a claim - or is that naive?
My approach to the situation too - seems logical eh?

Might be ok with a V8, but for the V6 if the engine lets go and it's seen to be under SSM72927 relating to crank / shell bearings (even though that was issued for the diesel V6) you'll find it's just as much a struggle if you'd taken an independent warranty. Car Care Plan won't accept the claim as there's a known design issue and it will need to go directly from the dealer to Jag via Topix.

Ask me how I know...
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post