The general public's reaction to an F Type

Anything F-Type related......
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

When I had a 911 I used to get told I was a wanker and given interesting hand signs quite often on the road. On one occasion a woman drove straight towards me, causing me to have to go very evasive, and her reaction was to insinuate that my manhood was permanently on "cold day" mode.

The Jaguar has only brought positive comments - everything's been "nice car mate" or "wow what is that?". The only issues I've had are van drivers half an inch off my bumper - but a little gunfire from the exhaust does wonders to get them to back off. I can only assume it's twice as loud from behind than it is from the cabin.
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper

DAC

Post by DAC »

Just driven through town with the roof down and while briefly stationary, a lady pedestrian said to me “ Nice car!” Then she paused looked again and said “Actually it’s a beautiful car!” 😁
My 19 F-Type 3.0L V6 380 Convertible in Loire Blue
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

............. so what happened next? :D
DAC

Post by DAC »

Sadly she wasn’t including the driver in her observations, so I blew my trumpets so to speak and moved swiftly along😎
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

‘Would you like a ride?’ is the correct reply if it happens again.
scm

Post by scm »

philmayfield wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:11 pm ‘Would you like a ride?’ is the correct reply if it happens again.
And if she says yes, the next instruction is "close your eyes and scream if you want me to go faster" :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

😂😂😂
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
DAC

Post by DAC »

I think not! I’ve got white upholstery😬
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I've had my AWD R for just over a year now and still getting used to the attention from folk. Stopped at traffic lights - kids run up and wave like you're a celebrity. Stopped at traffic lights, drivers behind take film and some take pics. Rev it and you see them laugh. People in cars beside you always eye it up, guaranteed every single time the car is taken out.

Lip reading people saying ''OOOFFFTTTTT" when they turn around and see you coming as they heard you approaching, or people face on as you approach them. People walking up and making conversation when you've just gotten out after parking.

I am a full time car detailer and the car is ALWAYS kept in immaculate condition. It is garaged and doesn't see rainwater. I think the fact that I keep it looking so good adds to the attention.

Probably my favourite yet was crawling along a tight road, outside a primary school and a teacher and 20 odd young kids all looking and the kids all saying how much they loved the car. They were only about 10 feet away. A quick rev with no warning and they all jumped about four foot in the air - teacher included. LOL

BRGFR

Post by BRGFR »

philmayfield wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 pm ............. so what happened next? :D
Could have been hyacinth bucket.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :x
2019 F type R coupe . Awd. Carpathian grey.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post