The general public's reaction to an F Type

Anything F-Type related......
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I am always amazed at the general public's reaction to the F Type.

Out today in her with the top down and so many compliments.

I have owned 6 Porsches, several BMW sports, 2 Zeds and a few other interesting cars.

I have never in the UK experienced the admiration that the F Type gets from the public with any other car.

Wherever I stop, people come over and comment on how beautiful the car is. I never had this with any Porsche, the closest I got was when we lived in Italy and owned a nut and bolt restored Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider Veloce circa 1959. The Italians do love there historic carsπŸ˜€
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I find the same. Can't go near a petrol station without someone commenting on how great the car looks.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
scm

Post by scm »

JurassicF wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 8:58 pm Wherever I stop, people come over and comment on how beautiful the car is. I never had this with any Porsche ...
Not really surprising, Germans are incapable of designing a beautiful car. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

scm wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 9:19 pm
JurassicF wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 8:58 pm Wherever I stop, people come over and comment on how beautiful the car is. I never had this with any Porsche ...
Not really surprising, Germans are incapable of designing a beautiful car. ;)
πŸ‘
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yeah I've had a few positive comments in petrol stations etc. Nice car mate and such like. Definitely get more attention when it is clean (about 3 or 4 times a year!!). A few people commenting when in traffic with windows down etc. Look at that for example.

I only drove about 10 miles today. There was a V6 on a private plate P3 or something leaving EMD train station this afternoon and a white V6 who said Hi on the M1 junction.

Not had any negative comments in nearly 2 years.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Same here in South Africa. Everyone is taken aback by the F Type's sheer beauty. Garages, Restaurants etc. I am finding that they're also very courteous. For example when I was exiting the restaurant driveway last week and the front scraped the road, one of the gentlemen and his dad actually went to the front and guided me out AND gave me advice on the best route to take to get back on the road due to the car being so low.
Very few cars get such attention and I can only think of the F type, Ferrari, Lamborghini.
Rolls Royce and Bentley, but you probably look more like a rapper in one of these !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I had been shopping in Lidl and unknown to me was that my son and his partner were in the store. As I was leaving the car park a message came over the tannoy "Ladies and gentleman, there is a rather lovely Jaguar just leaving the car park" Made me smile when my son told me. I have also had lots of instances where men have run across car parks asking if they could have a look, and some even wanted their photograph taken.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

If I'm sitting behind one I tend to think two things.

1. About 4 years to go before my daughter is off to Uni and I won't need 4 doors anymore.
2. Could I get that fat arse into my garage ?
:D
John007

Post by John007 »

Was following a Cayman S yesterday through town and not one, NOT ONE, person looked at it. However, there was some definite rubber necking going on when I passed by. Obviously the orange of my car stood out against the black Cayman but I have received countless comments since I got the car 2 months ago - none of which have shown any jealousy or disdain, just pure enjoyment in the car.
2014 Firesand Orange
380PS Coupe S
Panoramic roof, switchable exhaust, red calipers, heated steering wheel, heated front windscreen, 19" Centrifuge black wheels
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

PhilB wrote: ↑Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 am If I'm sitting behind one I tend to think two things.

1. About 4 years to go before my daughter is off to Uni and I won't need 4 doors anymore.
2. Could I get that fat arse into my garage ?
:D
I had to take off my old doors and fit roller shutters to give me that extra 6 inches.....hmm! Maybe that sounds wrong ;)
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post