The general public's reaction to an F Type

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Certainly the most admired car I’ve owned
People seem happy to let you out at junctions. If you cruise up behind a car they often make it easy to pass. On motorways they pass slowly to view and of course in filling stations there are always positive comments
I think people genuinely love both the looks, relative rarity and of course the name
For sure a few exceptions, but it’s a real world and we all know an early 2000’s Corsa or Fiesta is cooler and faster :)

For sure though in BMW days you could largely expect the opposite in a Z4 in many places.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

PhilB wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 am If I'm sitting behind one I tend to think two things.

1. About 4 years to go before my daughter is off to Uni and I won't need 4 doors anymore.
2. Could I get that fat arse into my garage ?
:D
I have a single garage, never measured the door but it's certainly not wide. I reverse in and there's about 2" / 3" to spare each side. I find it easier reversing in as i can judge the width using the mirrors. The car fits without folding in the mirrors but it's tight so i usually fold them as i go through the opening then open them again once inside.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

^ I have a London-sized garage (as I live in London), whereby I can get my F-Type in (with millimetres to spare), but I can't open the doors. My previous V8 Vantage was manageable, just about - and I now keep my Impreza in the garage, which has plenty of room to get out of.

My Jag gets plenty of attention day-to-day, but ONLY when the roof is down. I love that about the car. Drive around with the roof up and it flies somewhat under the radar to non-petrolheads, but as soon as the roof goes down and people see the lovely lines of the angry cat, it's an immediate conversation starter.

I took my F-Type to work last Friday and a guy in a van cut across 4 lanes of M25 just to shout "yo, nice Maserati mate, that sounds amazing!"

Compliment's a compliment. I also enjoy seeing Maserati F-Types driving around too.
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper
basher

Post by basher »

I was driving "reasonably fast" down the M40 a few weeks ago, after a visit to the awesome Caffeine & Machine, and was overtaken by a number of very quick German cars (Porsche, Merc, BMW) driven by "yoofs".

An M4 cabriolet slowed down, and all 4 occupants gave me a thumbs up. I felt pretty pleased. Even my g/f smiled. She normally hates all the attention! :D
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I live in a small village & made the mistake of putting it in Dynamic & opening it up under the railway bridge. Now everytime all the young lads see me they shout,, GIVE IT SOME. Does make me smile as well. The other thing about the F-type is there is not a bad colour,, they are all beautiful. Also cannot find any angle that they look bad.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:26 am... The other thing about the F-type is there is not a bad colour,, they are all beautiful. Also cannot find any angle that they look bad.
Can't disagree with that!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
KenC

Post by KenC »

I parked and left my 10 day old car for the first time today. It was at a golf club. Upon returning to lock my clubs in the car another golfer approached me and he was very complimentary about my car. He said that I didn't need to answer but what id it cost? He ventured a guess at £80k. Nice to think that my £45k car looked worth nearly double and received such a glowing reaction.
2019 F-Type Coupe, P300 R Dynamic (Sold)
2016 Mini Countryman Cooper S All4.
2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia.
BRGFR

Post by BRGFR »

It is truly a beautiful car, that is why I purchased one. I have heard a few Porsche folks whine about the jag nameplate. I told one guy, if I wanted a VW bug with birth defects I would have bought one. The conversation ended abruptly. :D
2019 F type R coupe . Awd. Carpathian grey.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Yesterday I had two "odd" experiences.
The first was at a parking garage where I parked far away in a bay that was empty on all sides. The guy behind me in a pick-up decided to park in the bay immediately behind me in spite of there being many open - closer to the entrance.

Then when taking off at a traffic light and turning right, the guy on my right seemed to purposely go wide into my lane, forcing me into to go wide to the left.

Was quite annoyed as it seemed deliberate.
This is the first I've had someone do something "negative"
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post