F-type electrification

Anything F-Type related......
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

santoshlv426 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:16 pm I find this turn of events at odds with the recently reported loss from Jaguar.
If the company was in such dire straits, why make such a massive (and costly) overhaul to the model category that's probably the least lucrative (sports cars dono't sell well due to their inherent impracticality).
What good is an electric F Type !
I think the title is a little misleading.
The new straight six has been about for a while now as have the mild hybrid ideas that are going into the new Evoque to start with.
As far as I have read the new six has a supercharger type device that is electrically driven to give boost until the turbos come in.
The 48v mild hybrid system in the Evoque is a belt driven device that provides a slug of torque on takeoff with the stop start operative to fill in the gap of any turbo lag.
Not even certain that will be fitted to the next F-Type.
Neither of these things allow for the car to be driven electrically.
The orginal Autocar piece is a bit more "grounded" and has a link to a previous article on the new straight six.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... model-year

Plus this car has probably been in development for months if not a year or two so they won't waste the development costs despite more recent losses financially.

scm

Post by scm »

santoshlv426 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:16 pm What good is an electric F Type !
0-60 in well under 3 seconds? ;) But you're right about the noise - it's very addictive. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/jaguar/f-type/

From car magazine with artist impression, looks a bit odd to me
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

GusA wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:27 pm https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/jaguar/f-type/

From car magazine with artist impression, looks a bit odd to me
Saw the pics the other day - the biggest difference is the headlights are totally different, they're slimline which is quiten a drastic change and you can definitely make them out in the car with all the silly wrapping disguise.
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

So how long until our cars start to look out of date do we think? I remember thinking the XKR was a really great looking machine when it was released but they look pretty dull and tame to me now (especially compared with an F-Type). How long before our F-Type shape looks that way?!! :|
MY20 F-Type P340
scm

Post by scm »

Blueone wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 pm So how long until our cars start to look out of date do we think? I remember thinking the XKR was a really great looking machine when it was released but they look pretty dull and tame to me now (especially compared with an F-Type). How long before our F-Type shape looks that way?!! :|
Do you think the E-Type looks dull and tame? A bit dated maybe, but still a beautiful car. Same goes for the two models of XKR. I still think the x150 XKR is a gorgeous shape.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

After a little bit of playing around with windows paint. Although my guess is the grille might be a bit more squared off,

F type facelift 2.jpg

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

The new cars not a huge difference imo
The one after (2026) is the one to hold out for!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Just read an article about the Range Rover sport that has been fitted with the inline 6 ingenium MHEV engine to replace the V6 and it has gained over 400 lb! 😮

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post