Svr prices

Anything F-Type related......
Cje450

Post by Cje450 »

Hi new member here ! Sold my r35 gtr couple months ago and been looking for a awd f type r since . Within my budget I had been looking at 16/17 plates sub 10000 miles and seen a few around the 55k mark missed out on an orange 17 plate 5000 miles at 55k was gutted ! But to get to the point of this post I came across one night whilst scanning the listings a 17 plate black svr 4977 miles 1 previous owner up for sale at £62997 !! I called the next morning after seeing it but unfortunately already been reserved . This was from a main jaguar dealer too ! Everything else similar us around 75k ! Would be pretty pi**ed if I payed retail and saw that come up for sale

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome.

From looking at the occasion "cheap" SVR that comes up it is usually discounted for a reason. I would guess it was an "O" plate.

I can offer unofficial history checks. Simply PM me a reg and I will look up the VIN on Jaguars system and send you history back.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi simpleR,

I’m not familiar with the “O” registration, are you able to enlighten please?

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
scm

Post by scm »

Registrations beginning O are usually Jaguar fleet cars, either management cars or cars to be thrashed by journos, etc. The management cars are good value, IME, while the thrashed ones are less so.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

The prices you have quoted seem very cheap. I have a 2017 5.0 awd convertible bought private for 52k with 17k miles & that was the cheapest in the country. With lots of extra's. From someone desperate for a sale. Good luck with your search.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Almost all Jaguar cars starting OE, OV, OU, OW or OY are Jaguars fleet rental firm - Paragon Fleet Solutions based out of Oxford. You will see Paragon on the PDI on the service record and then they usually service them within 12 months as well.

Paragon was sold to British Car Auctions but Paragon is still appearing on PDI records on other Jaguar brands so seems to have been retained as trading name for now.

Jaguar use Paragon to distribute their cars to the corporate sector. This could be either a traditional company car, a leasing company, car hire company, the dealers managers car, the garages demonstrator or loan car, a private short term lease, magazine cars, track cars, even the showroom room car!

Paragon then take the cars back after a set period, typically 6-12 months, service them and then Jaguar dealers purchase the best for the approved used scheme (and the rest go off for auction and end up outside of Jaguar franchise).

In summary if it is a Paragon car but serviced correctly within 12 months by Paragon or Jaguar dealer as used approved then it's a good one.
If it is Paragon and then goes missing, misses first service and then ends up at COPART or Bruntingthorpe proving ground then check history a little more.

For example of Paragon owned cars, here are 5x rental F-Types and 1x XE that AVIS Car Rental had for 1 year. Top gear 2013 review with Jeremy Clarkson was an "O". viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3183&hilit=Nc500

We have seen others run as VMax cars, test cars or if you look at any review of a Jaguar it will be an "O" plate. The only exception is that some Paragon cars are not always "O" plates. Some press cars are PDI at the factory and end up with a non "O" plate but these are typically first models off the production line. For example there is an XE-S which was number 263 off the production line and has an unknown history via COPART which someone is looking at which is very cheap on the sister forum.

I think the above is accurate but welcome corrections.
Cje450

Post by Cje450 »

Interesting, yes you are correct it was OV67 . They told me it was a manager's car or something and it never made it to the show room due to limited space else it would have sold for much more. Was approved used though I came across it in the jaguar used website , good buy for someone as will come with a 2 year warranty anyway
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If you want a history check on a future purchase then PM me a reg plate and I can lookup the VIN on Jaguars system and report back with history and spec.

Happy hunting!
chicb

Post by chicb »

simpleR, very informative post, thanks for that :)
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

I wonder where the Goodwood festival of speed jaguar experience cars ended up.

Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY