Engine Management Fault Light ON

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Oh no! Typical!

After reading the other 400 sport owners issues (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3548) I decided to take mine to work today as its not been out for a week. Started first time, forgot to switch off stop/start and got to a set of lights about a mile into journey and it stopped automatically.

2yrs and 1 month old, 13038 miles and then about 6 miles into journey on route to the office.......... Ding, engine management warning light pops on. Power seems OK, idle seems a tad lumpy (as in smooth and then seems to miss a beat). Stopped in lay-by to take a picture and review the manual and power cycled the car, light still on and continued on journey OK.

IMG_20190604_101859.jpg

Called Jaguar Assist who referred me to dealer, dealer says it is OK to drive if power is OK and light is on and amber and not flashing or red. They are collecting it tomorrow. Fingers crossed it gets sorted.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Hopefully when they plug the reader in it will be an O2 sensor job.
It seems to be fairly common and they did mine in about an hour whilst I drank their coffee and ate their biscuits.
Fingers crossed that is all it is.
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

My Aston V8 Vantage used to do this if I just tooled about as they have 4 o2 sensors. So I ended up buying a cheap obd reader to reset the light then a very spirited drive to clean carbon off o2 sensor. Then all was ok. Hope that's all yours is. Good look.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Is either of your exhaust tips more sooty than normal?

O2 sensors and injectors seem to be the usual culprits. I belive the O2 are much easier to diagnose with a specific error, where as the injectors are more misfire on certain cylinders, and in my case was most of them! If it is a recorded misfire the dealers seem to want to opt for coil packs, then usually discover its not these and was an injector all along!
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Happened to my SVR about 3 weeks ago - nothing wrong with engine idle/power etc

turned out to be a sensor
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Ftypeharv wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:34 pm Is either of your exhaust tips more sooty than normal?
Both very black and sooty.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Hope you get it sorted. Mine obviously different model had same issue. Assist came round plugged in. 02 sensor. Also needed an update in ecu which was done. Nearly 2500 miles & still ok.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

Someone on the US forum suggested periodically running BG44K through the system to keep the injectors clean.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Just out of interest what fuel do you use?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yeah it's fixed!

Picked up at 9.45. Fixed by 1.30. Will pick it up later.

The invoice says "Fault ODE stored for Heated oxygen sensor Bank 2 sensor 3 (NSR)"
Total £262.42

Obviously free as under warranty. Presume that's an O2 sensor of some sort.

Fuel - 90% of the time BP Ultimate 97 as that's the only garage near me. 10% Tesco Momentum if and when I pass one.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post