Slightly Quieter Exhaust

Anything F-Type related......
davidd

Post by davidd »

Morning, the car is a 2015 v8 rawd. The exhaust button is always pressed and it's usually in dynamic mode. I've noticed it seems a little quieter than normal, louder than when the button is off but not as loud as normal. Is it possible for only one side of the exhaust to activate? How can I check?

It's in for a service tomorrow, its a week overdue as they couldn't get me a loan car, could the fact that it knows it;s overdue make the engine go into a safe mode? It doesn't feel less lively..

It's always been on Shell Ultimate.

Thoughts appreciated.

D

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi, I thought the active exhaust by default is open (loud) and a vacuum closes it.
IE if you start the car in normal mode (active exhaust off) it will be noisy for a few seconds until the vacuum closes the exhaust.
Is this correct?

I don't think it would get stuck closed as the pressure and gases from the exhaust would force it open I guess. If your in with your dealer anyway I would suggest it would be easier for them to have a quick look as they will do a free health check as part of the service (presuming main dealer).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
davidd

Post by davidd »

Interesting, and makes sense, it does seem quieter though. I'll get the dealer to have a look (they are feckless though).
davidd

Post by davidd »

The dealer has checked it and confirmed it’s all ok.
It occurred to me that I have been driving something even louder, so the issue might be my ears...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post