Faulty Antenna

Anything F-Type related......
JFA

Post by JFA »

I have a subscription to the Incontrol Secure tracker which was factory fitted. Over the last 6 months I have been getting a lot of false alerts from the control centre that my antenna is faulty/lost contact. I have also had a few warnings on the dash that the SOS functionality is reduced whilst driving. The dealer replaced the antenna under warranty last week, but the problem persists. I'll get it back to them, but just wondered whether anyone else has experienced similar problems?
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!

mokster

Post by mokster »

I've had similar issues and the antenna was changed twice. The last change was around Jan last year (2018). I've noticed the fault happens when the temperature is very hot / sunny or very cold.

I've not had any false alert since then until a couple of weeks ago on a very sunny day. I've not arranged for the dealer to have another look yet as I am hoping it's "just a one off".
JFA

Post by JFA »

Thanks mokster, I'll get the dealer to change it again and see if that works. Mine is less weather sensitive - but seems to like 5.29 am which makes it an early alarm call from the tracker centre! But it already looks like "just a two off"!
2016 Firesand SVR. Panoramic roof, carbon pack - 'Kitty' by name - travelling the UK with a big smile and a lot of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

Could be faulty wiring to the antenna? Maybe picking up some airborne signal at the same time every morning?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Hi JFA
I’ve got the same issue, had about 10 false alarms back in March, thought I had resolved it by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes all ok until yesterday when the fault returned. Not had any dashboard warning , only calls from the incotrol centre.
Got to wait 2 weeks before local dealer can take a look.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
mokster

Post by mokster »

The problem on my car has returned! :? :? :x :x

I've booked in for the dealer to have a look next week, along with the frequent drop of bluetooth connection to my phone.
JFA

Post by JFA »

Good (?) to know I'm not alone! The dealer has asked me to delete & reload the Incontrol App - don't know why, because I am sure that the Incontrol centre receive alerts directly from the car, not via the app. Anyway, he did say that someone else had had a similar issue and reloading the app fixed it - sounded like a bit of a desperate attempt. I'll give it a go and see what happens.
mokster

Post by mokster »

They asked me to do the same before (delete and re-install the InControl App) and it didn't help.
JFA

Post by JFA »

Deleted & re-installed App and fault still occurring! Better get back to the dealer.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post