Vibration through car

Anything F-Type related......
gfoxsteve

Post by gfoxsteve »

Hi, I’ve got a 15000 mile v8s and I’ve got a vibration through the car. I’ve balanced the wheels twice but no change. It doesn’t go away with speed and seems worse on overrun , anyone had this or got any ideas??

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Is it when idling as well and stationary
It can be all kinds of things
Mgsfire causing engine vibration
Something loose giving suspension play
You wont be able to diagnose on here it needs a tech to drive it
gfoxsteve

Post by gfoxsteve »

Appreciate that, was just seeing if there were any common problems
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

If when driving then could be your wheel bearings
If one of those goes that’ll send vibrations through the car

Normally worse around 40-50mph

davidd

Post by davidd »

Odd it seems worse on overrun, could it be some sort of misfire/timing issue? I'd get it to a dealer asap.
SESH

Post by SESH »

Exhaust vibrating or baffles? Could be more noticeable on overrun.
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Normally I'd suggest some diagnostic effort to pinpoint it to engine, gearbox, wheels/tyres, bearing, brakes/disks etc. but in this instance from what you say and mileage I'd give my best guesses that it's driveline or suspension and between gearbox and tyres
More help if you can say the type of vibration (deep drone, wobble, etc. Can you feel it in steering wheel, the body or through the seat? Does gentle braking affect it?
I'll assume wheel nuts correctly torqued..

So without further diagnosis I'd start with:
Rear tyres out of balance (people tend to assume fronts only)
Alignment inc. other than toe in/out (Set up on a Hunter system)
Bent rim (won't always be picked up by balancing tyres)
Wheel bearing as stated previously
Damaged or bent suspension member, bushes ARB links, etc.
Propshaft

On my car I'd be jacking it up and feeling each wheel in turn for play, free rotation any odd feel to it
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
gfoxsteve

Post by gfoxsteve »

Put into dealer, car was purchased from them as an approved car 3 months ago. They want to take the exhaust off to investigate further but say it’s not under warranty and I need to pay over £400. They can’t say though if this is the problem.... the reassurance of buying an approved car....
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

you need to name the dealer, and let them know about fit for purpose and sales legislation .
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

gfoxsteve wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:38 pm Put into dealer, car was purchased from them as an approved car 3 months ago. They want to take the exhaust off to investigate further but say it’s not under warranty and I need to pay over £400. They can’t say though if this is the problem.... the reassurance of buying an approved car....
Shouldn’t matter about warranty. Sales of goods act / consumer protection (2015) should cover it anyway. If it’s within 6 months of purchase the onus is on the dealer to prove that the fault wasn’t there at the time of purchase. They should either repair it free of charge or find you a replacement vehicle (unlikely)