TDI Tuning

Anything F-Type related......
PBV6

Post by PBV6 »

Evening

I've had a look through the forum but wanted to know if anyone has had the TDI Tuning Box fitted and if so what your feedback is?

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/jaguar/f-typ ... g-box-chip

It saying it can give the following:

POWER INCREASE:

BEFORE - 335bhp AFTER - 402bhp

TORQUE INCREASE:

BEFORE - 450nm AFTER - 518nm

The cost is £369.98 or £419.99 with Bluetooth connectivity which seems excellent value for money.

From research this, it seems a great option to maintain your warranty as it only takes 5 minutes to remove prior to any servicing or MOT's.

Any advice or experience would be great.
2018 Jaguar F Type R-Dynamic P340
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

Lewis4681

Post by Lewis4681 »

I had one on my Audi a few years back. Had no complaints with it and was able to sell it on when I sold the car which you can’t do with a map.
Stratus grey v6 coupe
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Back in my Golf R days TDUK were very popular when the Mk7 launched.

They do one for the F-TYPE as well. More expensive and a lot less gains though.
https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/tu ... -ccm-2/#go

They are all the same, connecting in 3 or so cables in-between key sensors on the car so the box can lie to the cars computer. The Golf R TDUK box would add 60-70bhp more, mainly because it was a turbo and the box lies about boost pressures etc. Not sure what the box does with a supercharged car other than force more fuel into the equation which would make me think the gains should be smaller than advertised. The TDUK box would also allow you to program extra features like warm up time, so you could tell it you only want 300bhp for the first 5 minutes before it would give you the full 360bhp for example. It also had three different programs of performance and SOTA etc.

On VW there is the dreaded TD1 flag which is written to the ECU if you reprogram it and initially the TDUK was well received as you just remove it when needed. Unfortunately it started to go wrong when one broke down and you had to jack the car up to get to the sensor underneath and that is difficult on the hard shoulder in the rain and hence it was spotted.

Just before the face lift mk7.5 came out about 2yrs ago VW diagnostics were updated to record when pedal position and rpm did not match requested boost pressures and lots of people were caught out however the initial Mk7 R's were then nearly 3yrs old and out of warranty anyway.

Personally I wouldn't fit a tuning box as I like to think Jaguar know best on performance Vs longevity Vs reliability and it's not just strain on the engine that is generated. If I was getting it done I would chose someone like David Appleby Engineering and get an exhaust/downpipe, supercharger pulley etc all done at the same. And yes to get it done properly costs a lot more.

Just my thoughts.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Had one on my 3.0d XFS for several years and it was excellent. More power, smoother delivery and more mpg. Never a problem
Reprogrammed, fitted to Evoque and was great. Car broke down when wife driving, towed in, unrelated issue and JLR threatened cancellation of the warranty if ever detected again. Obviously not fitted and wife furious with me. That said even she said the drive was way better...

Personal opinion - great outside of warranty and work way better on turbo diesels
I don’t believe they strain the motor as everything remains in tolerance. Think of 340 F is SME as 400 just programming. Much worse fitting pulleys and similar that drive the supercharger faster
As I say just my opinion
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Not sure on the F-type as many tuners are saying to get more fuel delivery you have to give more air. With turbo cars the electronic waste gate is added into the ecu equation. With supercharged jag it needs the pulley on charger changing to speed the charger to get more air. Possibly a mild tune but those figures look very exaggerated.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Wole0911

Post by Wole0911 »

Had one fitted at their Chemsford depot to my 2014 F type S & so far I'm very happy with the performance great customer service
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

wow at those gains for the for all the F-type engines. So far the most I've seen for the 2.0. It's the pay to play saying that's withholding me to try something like this (as in engine break down due to tuning).
Nick
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post