Tyres slashed but plus side

Anything F-Type related......
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi all

Parked outside a post office in a pretty poor area of Coventry last Thursday (gravel hill which is where a young lad got stabbed the week before in the news)

Must of been inside for 10 mins max - came out to two slashed rear tyres. Car in front of me, Mercedes C43, also had their tyres slashed [emoji106]

Recovered back to my house, been off the road a few days and booked into Costco for new rubber this morning.

Few of you know I wasn’t that keen on the Pirelli’s anyway, and had planned on changing the tyres next month so although a bad situation, I feel lucky that they didn’t key the car or damage the soft top!

Now the positive;
Brand new Michelin Pilot sport 4S’s on the back which feel great
Even better - Costco have a deal on at the minute, the two rears (295/30/20) were £404 all in! Their service was spot on, and really recommend them

This deal is on for another 2 weeks if anyone is interested

Note - avoid gravel hill!

Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Sorry to hear that, I know you were going to change them but it’s not the point, it’s a shame that there are idiots who want to destroy what you’ve worked hard for and yes Gravel Hill and Charter Avenue are unfortunately areas to avoid.

I was poodling through Birmingham only last week when I stopped at traffic lights and a gang of guys hanging about on a street corner started yelling abuse at me for no reason except I was driving my car and they resented it, luckily the lights changed and I was away before they came over but the situation could have got very ugly very quickly.

Not everyone likes our cars unfortunately,

Also thanks I might check out Costco tyres next time I call in for my Kirkland Cookies, best cookies ever,

Kind regards,

Steve
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Tel

Post by Tel »

Nasty, nasty people around - very sad state of affairs.

At least it's only rubber and not a knife down the side of the car, puts into perspective a little more I hope.

Good luck with the new tyres...I have two sets of 305's and 295's MPS4S's stakced in my garage...I'm trying to wear the last bits off my P0's and can't wait to re-shod the beast!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Sorry to hear this bad news. I just don't understand the mentality of some people and find it unbelievable that someone would even consider doing it. But of course it happens and it's nothing personal against you.

I suppose the good news is that you weren't there when the knife was out and you got your tyres changed (nice price!) and they left the soft top alone.

If we are creating areas to avoid in your F-Type I would like to add the Normanton and Osmanton areas of Derby. I had to go there Tuesday evening. Not going again and in fact I didn't bother staying after a few "eventful" moments. On the plus side I saw 4 police cars in the 10 minutes I was in the area. That's more police I've seen on the road all month. And that's no lie.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Sorry to hear of both experiences. There are so many angry, jealous, resentful folk around nowadays.

Older I get the more I try avoid contact with anyone apart from family, customers & Jaguar owners 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Point is guys did you do that kind of thing when you were younger. Just total retards. Unfortunately the world is full of them.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:19 pm Just total retards. Unfortunately the world is full of them.
Fortunately, they're a small minority, but enough to make life miserable for those less moronic. :(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

Stonking deal on those tyres! Some good news I guess.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

daveyc86 wrote:Stonking deal on those tyres! Some good news I guess.
Thanks, asked about the fronts whilst the rears were going on;

255 / 35 / 20

All in was £272 so ordered these as well - at £136 each I though that was another great price

If anyone’s interested in these prices then Costco have this offer on until Sunday, be quick!
scm

Post by scm »

dbv6s wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:48 pm All in was £272 so ordered these as well - at £136 each I though that was another great price

If anyone’s interested in these prices then Costco have this offer on until Sunday, be quick!
Blimey, that's less than half price! :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post