New photos of the facelift plus hints.

Anything F-Type related......
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

It's probably just some magazines mock up of what they think it'll look like. The bonnet looks like it lifts at the front in that picture.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more

vika01

Post by vika01 »

I would guess that’s at least 80% accurate on how it will look.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

When you say the F Type in 6 years, you mean the one that will be mid engined ? Won't they call that the J Type ? It's aradicle departure.
I still love and always will my F type - the design is timeless and certainly the E Type of the future

Jaguar seems to have done with the F Type what Aston Martin did with the Vantage ie. made the lights slim and smaller. IT really doesn't suit the vantage though and I once heard it say its like a Mazda MX5 - which it is.

It looks sleek on the F Type though.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

santoshlv426 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:32 pm When you say the F Type in 6 years, you mean the one that will be mid engined ?
You've heard they're going mid-engined? More likely to go electric, I'd have thought.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Seems to have lost the sports car look at front. Very Audi.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Bogrotter

Post by Bogrotter »

A bit late but I've just seen the facelift.
Totally agree re. the slim lights. The problem jaguar have of course is that they created such a stunningly beautiful car, how can they improve it?Everyone I have spoken to, whether a jaguar fan or not, agree that the existing F type is beautiful.
Strewth - it's got a loud button :shock:
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

Sorry the article is in Dutch and was too lazy to translate so below is a quick 'n dirty google translate copy

https://gocar.be/nl/autonieuws/actualit ... mde-bmw-i8

Last June, BMW and Jaguar announced a joint venture, including in the field of electrification. Given the latest statements from Ian Callum, former designer at Jaguar, we expect an F-Type 2.0 with the architecture of a ... BMW i8!Does the Jaguar C-X75 ring a bell? That study model with the engine behind the seats (a hybrid!) Was presented at the Paris Motor Show in 2010 on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of Jaguar and was also featured in the James Bond film Specter. Never produced for financial reasons, the C-X75 (see photo below) suddenly becomes relevant again, in the sense that Ian Callum has just announced that the next Jaguar F-Type will have a lot of similarities with it.
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
vika01

Post by vika01 »

New renderings.

jaguar_f-type_front_-_watermarked.jpg

jaguar_f-type_rear_-_watermarked.jpg

2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

So pretty much the same apart from a couple of extra creases here and there, and a squashed front end (note the render loses the crab front bumper as well).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

And not AWD?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post