New photos of the facelift plus hints.

Anything F-Type related......
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Cleary we can now see the front lights will be horisontal and also for the first time I can see the rear lights are definitely not the same design. Their shape is like the E-pace/new XE. Oval LEDs. Same overall shape but a clear redesign. Look at the red LED lights and you can see it.
The coupe in the photos is the SVR without the SVR spoiler. New rear diffuser, more aggressive and deeper design.

Slighty differently shaped front grille too. However no bar on the grille on the coupe but the convertible has it. Interesting.
The convertible is originally a blue color it seems but the A-pillars are black. Like the Project 7 they seem to be going to black out the A-pillars.

https://www.motor1.com/news/357541/face ... ype-spied/

Skärmklipp.PNG

Skärmklipp.PNG

Skärmklipp.PNG

Last edited by vika01 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Be interesting to see the finished product.
I’m not a great fan of change for the sake of change - think the current rear lights are quite an iconic part of the F-Type compared to the etch-a-sketch straight line newer version.
I’m also a big fan of the original nose cone fins that follow up and along the front wings.
As much as the 400 Sport has all the options I’d want I still struggle with the current plastic front vents in all but a couple of colours. And no, that’s not just an excuse to go for an R instead - honest!
To me the front now looks like it has a couple of drain bits picked up from Wickes - I really hope I’m proven wrong with the end product. I guess the sound of the in-line 6 will be a big deal too.
Here’s hoping they get it right.

Edit
Actually if you zoom in you can see a curved line going through the stick on “drain” so it seems it will still have some nice lines behind the wrap.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Tel

Post by Tel »

...unsurprisingly following the trend of it's predecessor, the E-Type.

Series 1 (arguably the best), 1.5, 2's not so beautiful as the first.

F-Type quality certainly took a plunge after the 'First Series' sharks gill, round eyed F-type that's for sure.

The front is so VAG - Audi R8...come back Callum quick!

History does repeat itself!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Neither of those two cars (by reg) are on Jaguar's system. So probably just test mules, older cars with new panels and parts etc.
(VU - being Manchester registered).

Basically it looks the same, with different headlights, a couple of panel adjustments and add-ons etc so another face lift. I'm more interested in what the new F-Type for MY24/25 will be and what engines.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I like the F Type for many reasons but partly as it is unique in a lot of its design, making it look more like the new XE may be good for corporate image but I don’t want to see it merging with the rest of the Jag lineup. 😕
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Honestly the new Ftype looks ridiculously similar - think of it as a facelift / model year refresh rather than a brand new car

If it were me, I’d be buying the soon to be announced run out model “carbon edition” - nice enhanced details, a lot carried over from the SVR

The Ftype to come in 6years ish looks unbelievable. I’ve already started saving
scm

Post by scm »

dbv6s wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:37 pm The Ftype to come in 6 years ish looks unbelievable. I’ve already started saving
I've got my fingers crossed for a hybrid in the mould of the C-X75, petrol generator driving AWD electric motors. With an audio soundtrack from the F-Type R!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

scm wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:36 pm
dbv6s wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:37 pm The Ftype to come in 6 years ish looks unbelievable. I’ve already started saving
I've got my fingers crossed for a hybrid in the mould of the C-X75, petrol generator driving AWD electric motors. With an audio soundtrack from the F-Type R!
Yes. That. 🙂
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

When can I buy some of those alloys?! 😄👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Video of the new F-type. When it's braking you can see how much the lights have changed. Also at the end the driver is using the blinkers and they are the same lights as the daytime running rear lights.

2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post