Cross member bracing corrosion warranty?

Anything F-Type related......
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Does anyone know the cost of these new parts?

Thanks
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles

BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

My local MOT garage warned me that there was corrosion on the rear cross brace, not bad enough to fail, but it would need attention in the future. No problem, I thought, Jaguar have acknowledged the problem, and issued a bulletin, so that when I take my car into my nearest main Jaguar Dealer in six months time for its major four year service I can have it all done at the same time. Then six months later I take my car in, and they tell me yes Jaguar Cars have acknowledged the problem, but they have now withdrawn their bulletin. They have the necessary parts in stock, but I will now have to pay parts and labour for the necessary work to be done. I am appalled by this treatment from Jaguars Cars.
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Bob
My car was in for service and they also refused to replace the cross braces, on my paper work it states checked for corrosion no
bulletin applicable to vehicle. Dealer told me to write to customer services.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

I still can’t understand Jaguars stance on this.
They finally acknowledge the problem, and issue a bulletin to allow dealers to replace the faulty parts - problem solved.
Then they change their mind, and withdraw the bulletin.
Are they now saying the corroded parts they have been replacing weren’t faulty after all. Or perhaps they are saying rust on a four years old £70,000 car is not a problem, and perfectly normal and acceptable!
Come on Jaguar Cars, sort this out. It won’t go away, and you are getting really bad publicity.
I’m due to change my car next year, and I love my ftype, but.... I’m beginning think that driving past the Jaguar Dealer to the Porsche dealer at the end of the road, just might be a good idea!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

apr1962 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:54 pm Does anyone know the cost of these new parts?

Thanks
Andrew
Had mine diagnosed a while back under the bulletin, but parts were on back order.
...they phoned me the day before I was originally booked in, to make sure I was coming in, instead of actually checking they had the parts ready!!!

Other events then took over, including new engine and several more injectors (during and after engine replacement), involving 5 different Jag Assist (AA) people and around 8 weeks in the garage.

Total of 150 parts replaced (some only bolts, but one was "engine") with a warranty total cost in excess of £15k. Except there's a bulletin regarding the engine bearings (it's actually titled for the TDV6 which was a bit concerning) so the Jag Assist warranty company (Car Care Plan) declined the claim being valid and it had to go to JLR to agree to pick up the bill, so all rather protracted.

Long story short part of the paperwork is for the brace replacement detailing all the parts and costs - I think it came to around £370 in total. It finally went through as customer loyalty so the prices might be actual, as opposed to warranty work prices which seem to include a hefty discount - maybe JLR agreement is not to make profit on Jag Assist warranty work.

I can dig the cross brace paperwork out if anyone needs more specifics.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Printed off the service bulletin description and number and handed it to Jag dealer when my car went in for it's service. On collection they advised they'd taken pictures and sent them off to Jaguar for their review so I'll wait to hear, only 2.5 months until my used warranty runs out.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

This is a manufacturer problem, nothing to do with your warranty.

If you tried to claim under the warranty they would point you back to JLR.

It will either be done from JLR (via CRC I guess) or as a customer loyalty goodwill gesture by the dealer if they want to maintain credibility.
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Nick

Post by Nick »

Luner, the service bulletin concerning the engine bearings does it only relate to the V6?

Wondering what it reports?

Thinking out loud..

Thanks
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Sorry for going off topic - yes only the V6.

Actual reference was for the oil burning tractor version TDV6 and think the detail was around the shell bearings not having the little indents in one corner that stop them spinning round the crank with wear.

EDIT:
Here you go...
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3464
Nick

Post by Nick »

Sorry for the off topic, thanks Lunar
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post