Cross member bracing corrosion warranty?

Anything F-Type related......
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

simpleR wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:30 pm
simpleR wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:11 am Derby Jaguar have 3 on back order still. 1 being mine. If you tell your dealer the SSM number from the other posts then they can still order the parts.
Dealer just called me and parts are in and booked in on 29th July. So claims are still being accepted. Maybe down to how good the dealer is? (I use Derby).
Derby dealt with my claim. Very good 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

My SVR is in for a warranty issue end of July. At the same time is this something that should be checked or do you need to ask?
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Have a look underneath, it's easy to see if you have any corrosion.
But definitely ask for it to be checked and ask them to photograph the subframe and braces so you can see the exact condition.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Guys do any of you have the dealer contact / service managers details at Derby if you could please PM me, it’s only an hr and half away from me so it’s worth a shot. Stockport dealership not interested in pursuing this after the SSM bulletin was pulled, they will not be getting my servicing business after their non committal attitude, and I’m a local resident.😡 cars less than 2 years old with 15K on clock! Not what I expect after paying over £55K for a car!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi, call the main number and ask for Paige in service department. She is dealing with mine (parts in and booked for 29th July and mine is 2yr old as well).

If you get stuck then let me know. I'm back on Monday.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

That’s great, many thanks I’ll call them today and see how I get on. Can I ask did yours get inspected whilst the SSM bulletin was still active ?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I just gave them the SSM number when it went in for service but I think it was active at the time it was inspected however Derby had three on back order, one being mine, so they are completely familiar with the issue and fix and I've never had any issues or queries at all when it has come to warranty work with them.
Cerebera

Post by Cerebera »

Just having mine done in Crewe ... in weds back Monday.. loan car sorted
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:30 pm
simpleR wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:11 am Derby Jaguar have 3 on back order still. 1 being mine. If you tell your dealer the SSM number from the other posts then they can still order the parts.
Dealer just called me and parts are in and booked in on 29th July. So claims are still being accepted. Maybe down to how good the dealer is? (I use Derby).
Yesterday was the day. All new cross members fitted under warranty. There was a minor issue on collection so was chatting to the manager over a coffee who confirmed that Derby have done 7 under warranty and confirmed that Jaguar have now pulled the SSM.

He said it was removed because after further analysis of one's already changed it was only surface corrosion and nothing that Jaguar believe would be structural.

I asked what would happen if someone came in now with the SSM and they said there would be nothing they could do. When they undertake warranty work the dealer buys the parts and then claims back the parts and labour as per the article from Jaguar. If the dealer ordered the parts and did the work then Jaguar would not reimburse them.

Derby at least would refer you to customer services for advice. I think there would be a strong argument and you would get a gesture of goodwill at least.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

jaguar Lancaster have agreed to do my cross members after having the car for other work last week. Said they were not to bad but warranted a change to the new improved cross members - must have changed design

Booked in for w/b 19th August to complete other work (failed software update) and do cross members

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post