Cross member bracing corrosion warranty?

Anything F-Type related......
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

GARETH wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:49 am Mine is going in to main dealer on a Friday for them to have a look at the corrosion. They are charging me £100 plus vat to just look at it, and then ask JLR if they will replace the parts. They told me that because the car is out of warranty, it will be looked at with a view to a good will repair, but I will not get my 100 quid back even if they agree to fix it!

Great customer service NOT!! ☹️
Try another dealer?
Mine just looked at it during service with no charge.
Not sure how they can justify £100 just to look underneath and take a few pictures.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

I spoke to Jaguar Uk about this today..

Mines only done 22k and 4.5 years old.....

They messed me around for 3 weeks,then said because of it "age" they couldnt do anything about it..They knew the cars age 3 weeks ago,so no need for the 6 phone calls and equal amount of emails asking details..

Corrosion warranty only applies to panels apparently...

After having 7 JLR products over the years i think this will my last..

Spent £1000's on repairs and probably £200,000 on vehicles and they come up with this bullshit.
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

alpinaman wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:33 pm
Corrosion warranty only applies to panels apparently...
If that's true it's very disappointing and not what I'd expect from a brand who likes to think of itself at the premium end of the market.
(My previous Mercedes had everything covered for corrosion. I even had the wheel nuts replaced due to surface rust.)
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Straight from the horses mouth at Jaguar UK,so im assuming thats the ruling.

Been to BMW today anyway..

Ownership has now soured,gonna px it and move on.
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

JLR doing themselves huge damage with their stance on this, many of their deal ships also seem to want to press the self destruct button with their dreadful customer service.

such a shame really
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I was told that the dealers do not get fully compensated for their time in changing all the braces by JLR, that is probably why some dealers are not prepared to push to get this work done.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

alpinaman wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:56 pm Ownership has now soured,gonna px it and move on.
They go to great lengths to get you to part with your money in the first instance (and these are not cheap cars). They then behave in what can only be described as economic suicide in getting petty over things like this.

I stopped buying Mercedes and came to Jaguar because of the dealer network's sharp practice in attempting to fleece me. Had to Letter Before Action them twice to before they saw sense.

It's exactly this sort of thing that leaves a nasty taste in the mouth that isn't easily forgotten.
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Yes its a shame.

Had a couple of XKR's, an S type R,F type of course and 3 Land rover/Range rover cars...

Put a lot of money JLR's way over the years and when its the first time ever to ask something their way they run me around for nothing.Wouldnt be so bad but they know there is a issue,but what can you do once they say "no"..?

Not a lot i suspect besides talk with your feet and let another manufacturer have a go.. Im sure many will oblige.
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Well not an outright refusal, yet. GS said that they have presented my case to JLR and will get back to me by cob Monday. They didn’t charge me anything when it came to me taking the car away this evening. They gave me a free ‘health check’ report that says I need new brakes and rear tyres!

So I said ok, I’ll get those done with you if you sort out my corrosion problem, and the price is competitive.

Watch this space!
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

In anticipation of this being an issue for me when I next get the car serviced just before 3 years old, I PMd Pete@Jaguar on this forum about this matter.

He never bothered replying.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post