Cross member bracing corrosion warranty?

Anything F-Type related......
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Gents it’s nearly been six months since my purchase of my lovely 2017 AWD V8R, the car has been flawless so far and it’s second service is due shortly which has been booked in within the next few weeks.

I do have the light corrosion to the strut / cross member bracing, which I’m hoping to replace under warranty, is this now a recognised recall I can quote a JLR code to the technicians rather than being fobbed off with a wear and tear excuse. The cars only covered 15K and has an extended 2 yr warranty.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks 👍

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Recent topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3237

Original topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3085
On the above topic it's saying the SSM has been pulled from Topix so you might have a fight on your hands.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

My car was 2yrs old in May. Went for second service and asked them to look at it and immediately they said it needed replacing.

Rebooked for today but yesterday was told parts still on back order. Obviously a bit of delay with parts and I wonder if that is why the Topic article got pulled?

If I get the service manager when I drop mine off I'll ask some questions.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Derby Jaguar have 3 on back order still. 1 being mine. If you tell your dealer the SSM number from the other posts then they can still order the parts.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Matford JLR got my parts in within 2 weeks and also V8 replacement parts for another F Type in the same window, so not sure where the back order issue is coming from.
What I did find out is, that JLR are allowing dealers 2.5 hours to do the job, which if it is done correctly takes the dealers around 5 hours, maybe that's why some dealers are reluctant to do the job?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Maybe it's why some dealers only do half a job? :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JohnG123

Post by JohnG123 »

Mine on my 2016 R AWD took them around 1.5 hours, I know because I waited in the dealership.

Having taken a look underneath not to sure where 5 hours comes from ( must include a few fag and coffee breaks).

I believe the awd parts are different parts, again I know this because on the day they should originally have been changed they had been delivered the wrong parts by Jaguar.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Mine is AWD so perhaps the back order issue is only with AWD then......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Mine was on back order since April and picked up last Friday - although there was also 8 weeks for a new engine in amongst that.

It does seem to include exhaust removal - unless on the AWD the A frame section is in more parts so it's easier to thread through everything.

Still awaiting paperwork so can't check to see if it says anything about time allowed or taken.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

JohnG123 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:53 pm I believe the awd parts are different parts, again I know this because on the day they should originally have been changed they had been delivered the wrong parts by Jaguar.
Not according to the SSM, different parts for V6 and V8 though:

T2R 3166 (remove) - Body Brace
T2R 40865 (replacement part)

T2R 18759 (remove) - K-Brace
T2R 40866 (replacement part)

V6/AJ200 variants:
T2P 1597 (remove) - Pt 4 Brace V6/AJ200
T2R 40657 (replacement part

V8 variant:
T2R 3438 (remove) - Pt 4 V8
T2r 40658 (replacement part)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post