Finally got a V8....

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Chrissyg wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:20 pm Plus it doesn't have the thick, flat bottom steering wheel which I just found was cumbersome in my V6S..
Good job we're all different - I love my chunky flat-bottomed steering wheel! Not a fan of "quite" so much red, either .....

ov17vwy-04.jpg

MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Lovely interior! Have to admit, mine might be a little over-red, but it’s more interesting than black which I’ve had in my previous two F Types!
I just find the flat bottom on the steering wheel makes it less easy to feed through my hands while navigating tighter bends!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Its a great car.. .. makes me think to look for a second F-Type, a used V8 next to my P300..

The flat part on the lower end (?) of the steering wheel makes entrance/exit easier since I'm very tall.. :mrgreen:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Chrissyg wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:20 pm Thanks for the advice, and the car compliments guys :) It's a weekend toy/fun car, so will only be using it in good weather anyway! It'll be great having to get used to modulate the throttle pedal a little more, I found even with worn tyres, the V6S was pretty much flat to the floor other than in the wet. I wanted something that was a bit of a challenge to tame, so I'm very much looking forward to getting to know my V8S!
It's got the perfect interior for me, all the options I wanted, and nothing I didn't want :D Plus it doesn't have the thick, flat bottom steering wheel which I just found was cumbersome in my V6S..
Same interior as mine Chrissyg . I don't think there's too much red. I have the flat bottom wheel and wasn't sure about it when I first got the car but am used to it now and prefer the thicker feel of it.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Tel

Post by Tel »

Good choice.
Had the V6S, V8S ended up with the R.
Tried the AWD and SVR, but they feel numb in comparison with the added weight in an already heavy car.
Best way to get to know your car is to go out on track with an instructor... You will have lots of fun, and it builds confidence to use all the power without facing the wrong way.
I've driven the 8S through winter, ice and what have you without any bother... You just learn to respect your right pedal.
I had the flat bottomed wheel removed at build. It's horrible for fast work... Allegedly 😜
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩