Finally got a V8....

Anything F-Type related......
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Hi all,

Finally picked up a V8 today! Lovely 70 mile drive home with the roof down in beautiful blue skies with a soundtrack to match.. 9000 miles on the clock and 5 years old - feels like a new car (except the slight dashboard rattle - can't hear that much when driving as I should be!) and somehow got 39mpg on the way home, and I was not being very mpg conscious haha.

Finally have a whole engine :lol:

Chris

image2.JPEG

image1.png

20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover

JohnG123

Post by JohnG123 »

Looking good enjoy....
I too was surprised on my recent MPG figures, amazing really for a V8.
scm

Post by scm »

Chrissyg wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:21 pm Finally have a whole engine :lol:
It makes all the difference, eh? :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Yeah, pretty surprising! I thought I was hallucinating when I saw the instant mpg readout on the dash too.. It's 5 or 6 mpg better than my V6!

But the engine is a masterpiece isn't it?! The V6 is fantastic, but the V8 is a game changer.. really feels like the engine the car was always meant to have. And RWD with this much power is a lot of fun but will take some learning - had my first little wiggle in second gear at about 50% throttle, can't wait to take it out again but it's raining here today :(
200tdi Defender 90
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That's a really good looking colour combo - I get the impression you're really going to enjoy your drives out 8-)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Nick

Post by Nick »

Well done, yea v8 and wet roads = take extra care with how you apply that power. Once your used to it though it really is great fun.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
scm

Post by scm »

I found my V8 XKR was very tail happy but the AWD F-Type is really planted. There's a corner on my regular journey I had to be very careful on with the XKR but the F-Type sails round it beautifully regardless of how much boot I give it! I haven't tried full throttle in the wet yet, but half power on damp is very well controlled. :D
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Beautiful car Chrissyg,
Rule of thumb squirt it on the straights, AWD is better but I’ve even managed to unstick it a couple of times.
I used to have a RWD XFR 5.0 and that was lairy in the wet, i sometimes used the wet/snow mode ideal for pulling out of busy islands in the pouring rain where normally it’d wheel spin to poke it out enough to annoy everyone, you should have the same toggle switch by the loud button,
Enjoy...
Kind regards
Steve
Last edited by Jagman100 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
scm

Post by scm »

I never got on with the snow mode in my XKR - it made the throttle response so soggy I couldn't judge how far to push the pedal and ended up overdoing it anyway! I preferred the predictability of "normal" mode and a (very!) light right foot.
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Thanks for the advice, and the car compliments guys :) It's a weekend toy/fun car, so will only be using it in good weather anyway! It'll be great having to get used to modulate the throttle pedal a little more, I found even with worn tyres, the V6S was pretty much flat to the floor other than in the wet. I wanted something that was a bit of a challenge to tame, so I'm very much looking forward to getting to know my V8S!
It's got the perfect interior for me, all the options I wanted, and nothing I didn't want :D Plus it doesn't have the thick, flat bottom steering wheel which I just found was cumbersome in my V6S..

IMG_8234.PNG

200tdi Defender 90

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post