Residual values

Anything F-Type related......
Lordyjordy

Post by Lordyjordy »

Good evening

I've just had a test drive in a v6 f type. It's the 400 sport AWD edition 2017. Its done 7000 miles. Full service history

The spec seems decent but my knowledge is limited..... I've never owned a jag.

I love the car and the dealer is coming back with financing options.

Has anyone got an idea on the residuals on these. For example say i keep it 2 years and obviously keep on top of the history, I would probably only do 3 or 4 k miles a year in it.

What do you believe it's value would be after the 2 years....

With all the finance options available a heads up on this would help me evaluate how to pay for it.

Thanks in advance

Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Most of the depreciation will have already happened if it’s 2 years old. They flatten out remarkably well after a few years. Can’t give specific figures but they lose a lot less from the age you’ll get it at compared with new...
MY20 F-Type P340
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

The 400 was a special model. Some are still new at the dealers... But in a few years they will hold their value better then 'avarage' V6 versions.
Just compare in the listings anniversary editions of Discovery's with topspec normal models. Then you have some idea how the 400 will fare.

Try to get the 'select' guarantee on it ; two years peace of mind and wallet..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
basher

Post by basher »

Lordyjordy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24 pm Good evening

I've just had a test drive in a v6 f type. It's the 400 sport AWD edition 2017. Its done 7000 miles. Full service history

The spec seems decent but my knowledge is limited..... I've never owned a jag.

I love the car and the dealer is coming back with financing options.

Has anyone got an idea on the residuals on these. For example say i keep it 2 years and obviously keep on top of the history, I would probably only do 3 or 4 k miles a year in it.

What do you believe it's value would be after the 2 years....

With all the finance options available a heads up on this would help me evaluate how to pay for it.

Thanks in advance
I have a 400 Sport AWD. They're beautiful cars, and everyone comments on the unique styling that it comes with. They're also rare - I believe around 340 in the UK. There's another thread on this forum with the exact number.

I bought mine at 1yr old with 1000 miles on the clock. It was £22K less than list price for effectively a brand new car. :D

I can't comment on residuals, other than to say I arranged PCP finance through Oracle Finance. Happy to share details with you in a PM. You could always take out Jaguar finance, then pay it off within 30 days, if you've arranged better finance elsewhere.

Good luck.

P.S. If you post the reg number on here, a very helpful & knowledgeable guy called SimpleR will be able to give you a thorough breakdown of the spec, etc. He also drives a 400,
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Lordyjordy

Post by Lordyjordy »

Ok guys some great info here.....

I really appreciate it.
Fez

Post by Fez »

There were only 5 black AWD 400 convertibles made for the uk market and 75 black coupes, however never got to the bottom of how many of the 75 coupes are AWD /RWD. Whichever version you are looking at 400s are good cars and some have very limited numbers. As basher said there are threads with numbers on here i have the original emails from Jaguar some where ref numbers.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
lewihoga

Post by lewihoga »

Just to clarify though, rare doesn’t always mean value......
sarbk

Post by sarbk »

I bought a 400 sport convertible from a jaguar Sidcup at the end of March 2019 in white , while filling up at a petrol station a guy came up to me .
He said that he's been looking for a 400 sport for a while, he offered me way over what I paid the dealer.....a week later he was the proud owner , I regret selling it....can't find anything as nice as that 400 sport....
Ex Owner of a 400 Sport convertible
Present owner of wonderful
68 plate Sliver F Type Convertible 5.0 R