Steering Wheel Customisation

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

DaddyDarren wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:17 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:14 am Pretty easy job to remove the wheel, just the usual airbag safety measures. Don't have a guide to hand but it is in the manual. Can look up for you when you get to that point
I replaced mine with a brand new SVR wheel shortly after purchase. Needed to swap the internal wires and buttons across as not directly compatible.

Take a look at Royal Steering Wheels who come highly recommended from former car clubs I've been with
http://royalsteeringwheels.com/
Thank you for this. Helpful as always 👍

Found a couple of crib sheets on the US forum. The centre air bag seems to detach from the rear of the steering wheel using a special tool that looks like a bent flat screwdriver. Just a couple of clips.

The actual steering wheel needs another special tool, a ‘locking clock-spring’. Did you have this?
Never used a special tool in my life. Not much a Birmingham screwdriver can’t fix if a small flat blade screwdriver fails to do the trick.
As I said it was a simple job and happy to do it for you
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

Thanks SCM & DaddyDarren

It's my daily and driving with a vise grip is likely to be illegal :) so sending it out isn't an option
I'll visit some dealers
sorry for the hi-jack
Nick

DaddyDarren wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:18 pm
scm wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:12 pm I think the flat-bottomed wheel is the same size, but is "chunkier" so feels good in the hands. Assuming you like feeling a chunkier wheel, of course! Best to find one to try before you decide.
They can reshape the round steering wheel into a flat version & either add width or reduce to suit. What a great business.
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of those steering wheels... :oops: :?
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Chrissyg wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:23 pm Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of those steering wheels... :oops: :?
Nope!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post