InControl Secure vs Aftermarket?

Anything F-Type related......
BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

Hey guys,

new to the forum and questions around trackers... my insurance policy includes the below tracker requirement.

I bought the car from an independent dealer with no JLR warranty. From reading on this forum, the incontrol secure function as an optional extra, and becomes a subscription service after 3years or so (my car is a 2015 model).

- Does the Ftype come with a thatcham 6 or s7 tracker by default?
- Assuming it doesn't, can I get the insecure control retrofitted (couldn't find it on my build sheet)
- Any third party recommendations?

I have not spoken to my insurance yet, nor have they actually mentioned the tracker requirement to me on the phone when i changed the car (renewal due next week!)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Removal of cover: tracker requirement

In respect of your vehicle(s) bearing the registration number(s) [XXX] you must
ensure that a Thatcham approved category 6 or S7 vehicle tracking system is:

1. installed on the vehicle and in operation at the time of loss;
2. maintained under a maintenance contract with the manufacturer or other
reputable organisation and all relevant subscriptions in respect of such
tracking systems are fully paid.

This insurance does not cover any loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft
occurring whilst you are not in compliance with the above obligations unless you can
demonstrate that such non-compliance could not have increased the risk of the loss or
damage in the circumstances in which it occurred.
Black F Type R AWD 2015
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3764

PDE

Post by PDE »

Cheaper to change insurance company. If it got stolen I wouldn't want it back! I'm with Hastings Direct no need for a tracker and less than £330.
F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

BlackTypeR wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:34 pm - Does the Ftype come with a thatcham 6 or s7 tracker by default?
- Assuming it doesn't, can I get the insecure control retrofitted (couldn't find it on my build sheet)
- Any third party recommendations?

I have not spoken to my insurance yet, nor have they actually mentioned the tracker requirement to me on the phone when i changed the car (renewal due next week!)

Thanks for your help in advance!
The Incontrol Secure tracker (Cat 6) is an option on build and is only free as regards subscription for the warranty period.
It will show up on your app if it has been fitted on the page for contact numbers, or look at the PC version which will show if you have Incontrol secure.

A lot of Insurance companies don't specify a tracker but some do depending on the vehicle.
To have one fitted by a company such as Trackstar which used to be an AM option at JLR dealers before the inbuilt secure version, is pretty expensive, with the initial cost of fitting and the annual subscription.
BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

Thank you!

I'll connect my phone to the car on the weekend, but I doubt that it has the incontrol secure mod fitted.

I saw trackstar s7 being 200 +150pa
Black F Type R AWD 2015
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

I have incontrol secure under subscription (was part of the deal as an approved used) - been called 3 times since had vehicle in March saying car has been taken! (has been in garage all 3 times)

getting it checked under warranty
scm

Post by scm »

I've been notified twice, once when it was at the dealer have a new module fited (unnecessarily as it turned out) and once when the battery went flat. That latter was very helpful, so I avoided a nasty shock the next morning when I needed to use the car.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

I paid for the Jaguar Tracker option on my build anticipating that my insurance company would give me a discount for having one fitted. When i phoned my insurance company (Direct Line in the UK) and I told them the car had a tracker, they had no interest whatsoever. They didn't want to know. Different insurance companies eh?
2019 White P300 Coupe
BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

I'm like going down the route of fitting an aftermarket S7 tracker as it is an insurance requirement given where I live.

My insurance broker can them them at a discount,, £150 for TRACKER Monitor (S7, insurance approved option) plus £300 for a two year subscription.
Black F Type R AWD 2015
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

BlackTypeR wrote:I'm like going down the route of fitting an aftermarket S7 tracker as it is an insurance requirement given where I live.

My insurance broker can them them at a discount,, £150 for TRACKER Monitor (S7, insurance approved option) plus £300 for a two year subscription.
Does adding a tracker decrease your insurance by at least £225/yr though?

Total cost of tracker and 2yr subscription is £450, you’d need to recoup that and ideally another £X to make it worth the hassle wouldn’t you?

Otherwise just pay an extra £225 each yr for insurance
BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

it's actually a requirement, they wouldn't insure it without a tracker. I checked a few different ones, I guess it came down to my address, living in central london
Black F Type R AWD 2015

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post