I'm interested in purchasing a 2016 cpo f type s

Anything F-Type related......
Jaguar63

Post by Jaguar63 »

Hi Frank here. I'm interested in buying a 2016 type s and asking for comments from long term owners. I follow the forum daily and read all comments. I am concerned about reliability issues as they appear in the forum. I own a 63 e type coupe and the f type will be the next step. I think it's absolutely beautiful and I love the jag. I have given up on a manual due to clutch problems, unbelievable! I plan on keeping this jag for many years, so I'm concerned when it's out of warranty. Any thoughts and comments would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give.
Frank
Frank
MY16 S coupe RWD storm grey with brogue interior ivory stitching performance panoramic roof
Hudson Valley NY

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I cant help with long term reliability, the oldest will only be 6.5 years old if that is deemed as "long"? I've seen a 4 year old one with 80k+ miles. I'm sure there will be a 100k+ car out there now or soon.

I can lookup history and spec of any car your looking at. Just PM me a reg and I'll look it up on Jaguars system for you.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Jaguar63

Post by Jaguar63 »

Thank you, that’s very kind of you to offer vin information. I have a 63 e type coupe that will be offered for sale on bring a trailer soon. When that sells hopefully my next jag will be a f type s. I follow all the comments on both US and UK forums. I’ve been looking at advertisements daily for CPO my16 s models in anticipation when it sells. Again thank you for your offer of helping me purchase the right jaguar.
Frank
Frank
MY16 S coupe RWD storm grey with brogue interior ivory stitching performance panoramic roof
Hudson Valley NY
SESH

Post by SESH »

Hi Frank,
I own an E Type convertible, a 73 V12.
Plus I have a MY 2016 F Type S.
So far no problems with the F Type (Except for the rear cross braces which have been replaced by Jaguar). I've had it two years and done 10,000 miles in that time. It's now done just short of 20,000 miles. I have had the manufacturer approved warranty but haven't needed to use it.
Can't say the same about reliability on the E Type!!
You will love the F Type.
Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
Jaguar63

Post by Jaguar63 »

Thanks Mike for your comments, it make me more confident about buying one.
Frank
Frank
Hudson Valley NY
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Frank, welcome
One thing to keep in mind, forums do tend to show the negatives rather than the positives so can give a warped view.
In grand scheme of things the Ftype is one of JLR’s most reliable cars, be picky when you buy as there are a few out there now, full service history, the right spec etc and fingers crossed you should be ok. You could go for an approved used car and get 2yr warranty, or look to take out a warranty with a 3rd party if that made you feel easier

Good luck with finding something, you won’t regret it
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I have a 6.5 year old V6S. No reliability problems and lots of smiles.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
scm

Post by scm »

I've only had my F-Type for a year so can't comment on its long term reliability, but I have had three Jags before that and have found them to be very reliable. I had a 6-year old 2001 XK8 for two years and the only issue that had was the coolant expansion tank cracking (known issue), a 2004 4.2 XKR for 4 years and in spite of over 90,000 miles the only problem that had was a burst oil pipe, which the engine survived (they build 'em tough!), and a 3 year old low mileage 2010 XKR I kept for 5 years which was perfectly reliable. The main expense of these Jags is fuel and tyres. And the only problem you'll have should be the aching facial muscles from your permanent grin. ;)
Last edited by scm on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jaguar63

Post by Jaguar63 »

Thank you all for your ownership comments. All I can say is that they are very helpful, and I’m looking forward to owning one👍
Please keep them coming as the forum has mostly negative issues and I know that manufacturing 4K f type per year theirs a lot of them without problems 👍
Frank
Hudson Valley NY
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Not heard of any problems with the V8 & drive mine like I stole it. The V6 I did speak to a few who have had either injector problems or coil pack problems, which is weird as I would have thought the parts would be common to both engines. Some complain of panel fit which I assume the year you are after would have been adjusted. To be fair I have owned some very fast & exotic cars in my time & can honestly say these thing are so nice to drive. Also a ex etype series 2 4.2 drop head owner from too many years ago to recall.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post