Sat nav issue

Anything F-Type related......
em2evol

Post by em2evol »

Hi guys

I'm hoping someone might be able to help - the sat nav on my F Type doesn't work - it thinks I'm in the north sea, and when I try to set a destination it just says failed. Also, on the Remote app, the last parked location shows as the previous owner up north somewhere still. I have updated maps through the SD card (ยฃ94 later!) and also paid the ยฃ30 annual subscription fee for Remote and still nothing. I assume this ties in with it also but it says "SOS has limited functionality" most of the time on the dash.

Oh, I've also done a battery disconnect to no avail :cry:
2016 Firesand V6 340

scm

Post by scm »

Sounds like the GPS antenna could faulty, or connections to it. Do you have the Jaguar Remote app and does it show the car correctly positioned?

I seem to recall another forum member, basher, had a satnav location issue - maybe he'll be along to suggest something.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I had the same last year. New antenna needed.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
em2evol

Post by em2evol »

Thanks.

Yeah the Remote app doesn't show the correct position.

I suggested to the dealer (after reading some posts on this forum) that the issue could be a new antenna but they were adamant it couldn't be that... Could the dealer be wrong??? (Lol)
2016 Firesand V6 340
basher

Post by basher »

My satnav regularly showed me driving through the sea! And remote app couldn't locate my car. Got antenna replaced. Works fine now.

I suggest the dealer is wrong. Just my humble opinion. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. ๐Ÿ˜
scm

Post by scm »

em2evol wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:28 pm I suggested to the dealer (after reading some posts on this forum) that the issue could be a new antenna but they were adamant it couldn't be that... Could the dealer be wrong??? (Lol)
Well, if it's under warranty let the "knowledgeable" dealer change all the modules until the antenna is the only thing left. ;)
They often won't be told, after all, what would a customer know? :shock:
em2evol

Post by em2evol »

basher wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm My satnav regularly showed me driving through the sea! And remote app couldn't locate my car. Got antenna replaced. Works fine now.

I suggest the dealer is wrong. Just my humble opinion. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Haha, yes, I'd suggest you're right :-)

Unfortunately not under Jaguar warranty but the independent dealer I bought it from should have fixed the problem before I drove 200 miles to collect the car... I will keep on at them.

Thanks for your help all :D
2016 Firesand V6 340
scm

Post by scm »

They'd probably prefer to change the antenna at their expense, than start messing with expensive modules. And they could always do it to just prove you wrong! Bring humble pie for them eat afterwards, of course. ;)
Ftypenewbie

Post by Ftypenewbie »

It could be the aerial but it could also be that you haven't set up the Navigation account with Jaguar Here properly or the car is signed out from it.
You need two account with jaguar one - to run the remote app and one to run the Jaguar Nav with live updates and tracking. You also need a sim card with data only
Here a post I did if it isn't the aerial
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3622
scm

Post by scm »

Really? The car should know where it is regardless of any accounts - I don't have a Here account and my satnav works just fine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post