Sat nav issue

Anything F-Type related......
Ftypenewbie

Post by Ftypenewbie »

SCM if you think about it - how does the car tell you where it is, you communicate indirectly through the cloud and apps.
The jaguar remote app has an inbuilt account and sim card set up by the dealer. The sat nav will work fine with that but doesnt have the bells and whistles on it if its the Intouch Pro with live updates. If you use the Jaguar Route Planner app then I think it links with the (second)profile in the sat nav setting to give car location. This enables you to plan a route from your phone and send to the car.
Its also the mechanism to get live updates for traffic jams with the data sim added. You will also get free map updates with the second profile that you normally set up yourself. If you have all of that then somewhere in the profile settings you will have already got an account.
https://www.jaguar.here.com/index.php

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Both the sat nav and remote app use the antenna.
If your sat nav location and your remote app location are wrong (or remote app says vehicle location not known) then it's the antenna.

It happened to mine last year and after many updates and visits they changed the antenna and hey presto all sorted.

I have never bothered creating a sat nav account (only a remote app account) and sat nav works fine.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

Ftypenewbie wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:03 pm SCM if you think about it - how does the car tell you where it is, you communicate indirectly through the cloud and apps.
I did think about it - the satnav communicates with the GP satellites, using the antenna. It tells me where it is on the centre screen. The cloud and apps are a whole different thing which relies on the basic satnav information. If that's not working all the apps and accounts in the world won't help.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Ricardo99

Post by Ricardo99 »

Just picked up my F Type and drove it top Austria, first thing I noticed off the ferry in Dunkirk was while I could resent the instruments to kmph, the Nav Sat sticks to MPH...anyone know how to reset that?
PaulMcGowan

Post by PaulMcGowan »

If the DAB radio says NO SIGNAL and there is no internet access (If you have that normally) and the GPS doesn't work, then it's the module that's faulty.

If it's just the GPS that doesn't work, then it's the antenna.

If the antenna fails, the module assumes a default position (Audi assume the middle of a field near Northampton) this is supposed to show the technician the antenna is faulty, unfortunately, most technicians don't read the technical notes !
em2evol

Post by em2evol »

Ftypenewbie wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:36 pm It could be the aerial but it could also be that you haven't set up the Navigation account with Jaguar Here properly or the car is signed out from it.
You need two account with jaguar one - to run the remote app and one to run the Jaguar Nav with live updates and tracking. You also need a sim card with data only
Here a post I did if it isn't the aerial
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3622
This is an interesting theory... I have tried setting up my car on the Jaguar Here maps and the webiste comes back with 'Please enter a valid VIN'... Hmm... What now lol.
2016 Firesand V6 340
Ftypenewbie

Post by Ftypenewbie »

em2evol That makes sense. The app needs to allocate the data to a specific car , The VIN is on the front windscreen passenger side
em2evol

Post by em2evol »

Ok so a quick update - after 4 days of investigation, Jaguar decided it was the roof pod antenna thing (which I told them when I first took it in that it was likely to be). So that's been replaced and now my sat nav works (horah) but the SOS Limited Functionality warning still comes up pretty much every time. I thought this would be sorted once the sat nav was... Evidently not! Any ideas? :-(
2016 Firesand V6 340
scm

Post by scm »

i get "SOS unavailable" when the car has been standing idle for a few days, but it clears when I start the car. Maybe your battery needs a charge? Alternatively, when it stopped working and wouldn't come back was because a module had got stuck on and drained the battery overnight. Another symptom was that the journey logging ceased to function. Once the car reported the flat battery and I got Jag Assist to sort it out all was well again, they just boosted the battery to unlock the car, I went for a long drive (no hardship!) and put the CTEK on it overnight - no problems since. Hope you get yours sorted soon.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
em2evol

Post by em2evol »

scm wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:03 pm i get "SOS unavailable" when the car has been standing idle for a few days, but it clears when I start the car. Maybe your battery needs a charge? Alternatively, when it stopped working and wouldn't come back was because a module had got stuck on and drained the battery overnight. Another symptom was that the journey logging ceased to function. Once the car reported the flat battery and I got Jag Assist to sort it out all was well again, they just boosted the battery to unlock the car, I went for a long drive (no hardship!) and put the CTEK on it overnight - no problems since. Hope you get yours sorted soon.
Thanks for this... I'll give it a charge and see what happens 8-)
2016 Firesand V6 340

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post