Dynamat and tyre noise

Anything F-Type related......
AUDIONUT

Post by AUDIONUT »

So much misinformation and dis-information are bantered here.

Dynamat will not help reducing tires noise much if any. Tires noise that you can hear are mainly low frequency rumbles that will transmit through most insulation. Dynamat and most car insulation are not able to combat this. Do not believe the hype. Buying more quiet tires is more cost effective at reducing tires noise.

BUT it WILL help with your car audio enjoyment trendously even if it does not help with tires noise. it will reduce the body panel resonances in the mid-range (hearing most sensitive area) and high frequencies thus allowing your audio system to sound more clear and more accurate at all volume level. It will reduce panel flex and rattles thus allowing your speakers to operate more efficiently. It will reduce higher frequencies road noises and resonances that interferes with your music.

Is it worth the money is another matter. To some, it does. Even if you do half of what is recommended, the sound quality improvements would still be very good due to diminishing cost return. If you can DIY then you can beat the diminishing return costs. If you cannot DIY but can afford it and sound quality is important to you then you would most likely be happier and find the cost worth while. i have always been happier investing in better audio. It sounds like you would also.

Johan9832

Post by Johan9832 »

Dynamat makes cars feel solid – doors and trunks slam snug, rain and wind virtually disappear and your interior becomes a quiet, comfortable cruising environment. Use Dynamat on the interior sheet metal of your vehicle to stop vibration and reduce road noise.
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

I recently changed my tyres from Pirelli's to Conti sport 7's and the sound difference from the hard Pirelli's is huge, not to mention the better grip and acceleration.
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post