Dynamat and tyre noise

Anything F-Type related......
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I'm tempted to get an ICE company to do a full Dynamat job on my coupe. Total quoted is around £1,600 which seems expensive but maybe need to spend this for a proper job. I wonder if anyone else has had this, and to what effect.
I aim to reduce road noise and increase music quality, maybe some speakers while it's in bits. Have the high power system.
Comments and advice gratefully received. Maybe another outfit in the Swindon UK area less costly but effective?
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16

NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

REALLY. ??? Buy a convertible put the roof down music off and listen to the best V8 sound ever.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

An EV company, rather than an ICE company may be better to deal with road noise. (Road noise is more noticable and intrusive in EVs)
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Nobody on here added Dynamat or any noise reduction? If you have, I would love to hear how much effect it had on the noise of tyres on rough tarmac.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Just out of curiosity, do you find the road noise really that bad? (If yes- Bad enough to warrant £1600)

A dynamat install requires a large amount of interior trim removed and refitted - the risk of rattles when put back together would be high.

Cheaper to just upgrade your hifi but if you already have the upgraded version then it’s reasonable money again to upgrade further.

If you want a quieter environment then would a different choice of car be more suited vs a 2 seater sports car?

Other option, what tyres are you running? Could compromise with quieter tyres depending on your answer
Tel

Post by Tel »

Buy decent tyres instead. Cheaper, less hassle and doesn't add unwanted weight.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I think getting a full dynamat interior to make an F type quit is a sign you have the wrong car. They are about noise, theatre and performance.
Only time I’ve done it in a sports car was on the doors of a Z4 so they closed less like they were made from old bean cans
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

I think you can get the same effect by putting a set of ear plugs in - that's quite a bit cheaper, and a lot less weight as well!
scm

Post by scm »

I'm on Pirellis and find the tyre noise varies an awful lot between different road surfaces, from "almost silent" to "OMG what's happening?"
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I have Michelin 4S all round. I love the car and its sound. As SCM says, others do too, rough road surfaces (there's a lot in the UK) are pretty loud. Good job I've got the high power amp.
I've driven a few times in the USA and really noticed the quieter road surfaces I encountered there.
As I won't get the road surfaces changed here, thought I'd do the car, but I'm 70:30 against doing it. I appreciate the warning about rattles, mine is rattle free.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post