Finally bought one... a few questions

Anything F-Type related......
tjs

Post by tjs »

After what seems like forever of deciding whether or not to get one, and almost as long to find one in the right spec, I got this earlier this week. :)

It's a 2014 R Coupe, panoramic roof, carbon ceramics, Meridian surround, basically every option :)

I absolutely love it!

But a few questions I haven't been able to find the answer to...

• In Dynamic mode, if I press the DSC OFF button, nothing happens. If I hold it for a few seconds and release it, the DSC OFF light shows up on the dash. But even with it saying it's off, it still cuts in very aggressively, with a second light on the dash to the right of the DSC light flashing (I haven't got a look at what it says). How do I actually turn off DSC? Right now it's very frustrating...
  • At higher speeds, there is a very loud whistling noise from somewhere above my head, like wind is getting through. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a known fix? I have the panoramic roof if that makes a difference.
  • It has a power tailgate, but it only seems to open fully some of the time. If I hold the boot button on the keyfob and then release it, sometimes the boot opens fully, other times it just "pops" open, and I need to manually raise it. The button in the boot to close it always works. I'm wondering if something is not working correctly, or if there are rules around when it will open automatically that I'm unaware of.
Thanks for the help :)

basher

Post by basher »

Hi... and welcome. Great pics! 😁

I'm sure there are other threads/comments on this forum about wind noise. Try searching?

I have a powered tailgate. It opens fully every time with a single press of my keyfob button or the button under the dashboard.

Sorry, can't help any further, but someone else is bound to be along shortly with some insights.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

What a lovely car!
Quite a rare find with carbon ceramics too I should think - hope there's plenty of life in them before replacement costs hit!
Re. your DSC question - as I understand it normally, a prod of the button initiates Track DSC and a 3 second hold turns it off - not sure if completely but believe so. I assume that should be the same on the V8, so it does seem odd - maybe give it a few days if the car was stood for a while in case it hibernates to save battery like the stop/start function.
Other than that - having the car for less than a week and wanting to turn the DSC off completely - brave man!! :D

...oh, and did your photoshop the front number plate? - assume you're running with one.
Last edited by Lunar on Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Lovely looking car and doesn't half look like my old R Coupe - it couldnt be could it....

Pic2.jpg

tjs

Post by tjs »

Figured out the DSC- honestly should just read the manual! :D

A short hold puts it into TracDSC- which is what I'd managed to do and was complaining about. A longer hold and it beeps and turns completely off. Not going mental- but also don't want to rely on DSC, would rather drive it without it. The few times it's kicked in it's been ultra aggressive. When it slides with it off, it's (so far) very progressive and controllable. Would rather that than the DSC...

I'll have another search for the wind noise issue.

Intermittent powered tail gate is still an odd one.
tjs

Post by tjs »

Backofthenet wrote: ↑Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:45 pm Lovely looking car and doesn't half look like my old R Coupe - it couldnt be could it....
Great looking car- especially as it looks the same as mine! :D

Different (but very similar) reg, though. Mine starts OV14, not OY14.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi welcome, the whistling can be cause be one of your quarter windows not being pulled in enough on the screws that hold it in place. There is another thread on here about it somewhere. Fez
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Lunar wrote: ↑Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:44 pm ...oh, and did your photoshop the front number plate? - assume you're running with one.
Yes, I was going to ask the same question.
Looks like professional photography especially the last pic with it on a road with no number plate?
Tel

Post by Tel »

Mmmm... I smell a rat.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
basher

Post by basher »

Tel wrote: ↑Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 am Mmmm... I smell a rat.
No rat.

I imagine OP is called Tom - here's his post on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/jaguarf ... 354275263/
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post