Finally bought one... a few questions

Anything F-Type related......
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Not on Faceberk so can't see it.
Question re the number plate still stands though.
:D

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi all,
I'm not on facialbook either.

The car is number 14323 and very nice one as well. (I did the history check for him).

Very nice car Tom. Enjoy!! And more pictures like that....
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
tjs

Post by tjs »

Not sure where all the psuedo-detectives have come from, but thanks for the answers to the questions :)

Re the power tailgate, it's been completely fine since. One short press and it opens every time. I think I was just holding it for a long press which may just "pop" it open instead of opening fully? In any case no longer an issue.

Will have a look at the quarter window issue. It sounds like it's above my head around the panoramic roof, but I guess it could be the quarter window and just hard to pinpoint when all I hear is whistling.

Thanks again :)
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

You know there is also a little buton under the lip of the tailgate which also opens and shuts the boot.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

[
  • It has a power tailgate, but it only seems to open fully some of the time. If I hold the boot button on the keyfob and then release it, sometimes the boot opens fully, other times it just "pops" open, and I need to manually raise it. The button in the boot to close it always works. I'm wondering if something is not working correctly, or if there are rules around when it will open automatically that I'm unaware of.
Thanks for the help :)
[/quote]

The op says the boot button works fine. I had a Range rover evoque with same opener & yes if you keep finger on it then stops when let go. It took a while to get it just right.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:39 pm... you keep finger on it then stops when let go.
Just like the indicators - down and let go gives three left flashes, hold it down and it stops when you let it go.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
tjs

Post by tjs »

Thanks for all the help.

I've not done anything to fix the window seal issue but it seems to have fixed itself for now. Everything else I mentioned is a non-issue.

Loving the car :)

Blueone

Post by Blueone »

How are you getting the number plate off so easily? Is this an easy thing to do? Looks so great without it.
MY20 F-Type P340
tjs

Post by tjs »

Blueone wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:23 pm How are you getting the number plate off so easily? Is this an easy thing to do? Looks so great without it.
It does look a lot better doesn't it :)

On mine at least, the number plate was stuck with sticky-pads to the number plate plinth. I just pulled that off (I used a flat head screwdriver to pry the plate from the plinth, no risk of paint damage as the plinth is just black plastic), and once off the number plate plinth is just two screws to remove, and then it looks like the above.

I think some people remove the thick black bar that runs across the grill... That may look better still but I want the option of easily refitting the plate, and I think it's a bumper off job to remove that and so too much effort. :)
tjs

Post by tjs »

A few people seem to be getting rather worked up (both replies on this thread and also PMs) on the front plate issue.

All I'll say is.. don't you worry yourselves about it. It's my choice, it looks better, it doesn't affect anyone other than me, and really it doesn't cause any problems.

I'm sure those of you that seem so bothered up by it (to the point of accusing me of not owning the car :lol:) can find something else to be outraged by easily enough.

Thanks to anyone that helped answer my questions- very much appreciated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post