2020 F-Type R

Anything F-Type related......
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

You tube video. Looks like the bonnet gets some extra creases. Not sure if I prefer my front lower blades better. No I do. Tinted rear lights nice. Nice infotainment package. Not sure about the chrome look steering wheel top bit.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I think subtle is the word!

I’d swap the Chinese eBay plastic look of the bright trim on the wheel and around the seat controls for aluminium door pulls all day long.
Surely he was wrong to say those were plastic though - just black anodised aluminium I guess.
Extra creases in bonnet - jury’s out.
Saw nothing that would make me want one over an existing model.
A bit like when they did away with the shark fins on the original version - change for changes sake and a backward step.

...mind you, I’d still have one if you gave it me 🙂
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I wonder if the bonnet idea is to stiffen it up, as all the test drivers slam it down from one side instead of from the front.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Strange how people have different opinions, likes and dislikes

I think the front lower grilles are way better than the original shark fin. They always looked weak compared to other cars. Much prefer the SVR front I have fitted. This latest move is closer to the SVR and inline with how front ends seem to be evolving
Also like the silver on the steering wheel which is the same as the SVR wheel I have fitted

Bonnet creases. I'm not sure. Certainly I have the same lines on the stock bonnet. Perhaps they are just a more clearly defined crease now than before
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Same steering wheel as my MY18 car. It’s not a new feature !
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I see the dark grey door pulls aren’t new either.
Looks to me like the development session wasn’t a long meeting!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Strange. Another thread on here showing a different front light arrangement. So is this not the 2020 or is the other guy wrong with his headlight render.
vika01

Post by vika01 »

steviegtr wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:46 pm Strange. Another thread on here showing a different front light arrangement. So is this not the 2020 or is the other guy wrong with his headlight render.
No. The guy doing the review says 2020 because it’s a 2020 MY. The facelift will be a 2021 MY. In the UK people go by the manufacturing year while US go by the model year. Correct me if I am wrong. The new headlight render is for the 2021 F-type that will be manufactured in 2020 (most likely).
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
scm

Post by scm »

vika01 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:53 amThe new headlight render is for the 2021 F-type that will be manufactured in 2020 (most likely).
New MYs tend to start being built around March of the previous year (my MY18 was built in March 2017).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

to subtle for me to notice any difference - and i own one.....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post