Glass Scratch Drivers / Passenger

Anything F-Type related......
W7KET

Post by W7KET »

I noticed recently a light scratch sound from drivers side window when lifting and lowering. I cleaned the rubbers as there was a very light scratch on the glass ? I also now noticed a scratch on the passenger side in the exact same place. Now unless I am unlucky that debris has landed in the same spot on both doors which I doubt I wonder if anyone else has had this issue as I believe this may be catching on a door internal part ? Just thought I would ask the question before contacting Jaguar.
P300 R Dynamic
White
Oldbury (Birmingham)

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s a known fault and there is a TSB out where it gets repaired under warranty (probably expired by now£
Search the forum for details but involves polishing or replacing glass and new revised door/window seals fitting
Had mine done shortly after buying the car and no problem since
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
W7KET

Post by W7KET »

Mate that’s super ! So it’s not me being unlucky ? What was the cause do you know ?
P300 R Dynamic
White
Oldbury (Birmingham)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

W7KET wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:17 pm Mate that’s super ! So it’s not me being unlucky ? What was the cause do you know ?
No - for sure not just you..
It’s an early poor design of seal that I’m not sure if it holds grit or does the damage itself, but puts a swathe of parallel scratches in the glass.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
W7KET

Post by W7KET »

Ok bud cheers
P300 R Dynamic
White
Oldbury (Birmingham)
W7KET

Post by W7KET »

Had the glass changed along with the window seals a while ago and yet again noticed the scratches are back ?? Not sure why this is but will have to re book in ?
P300 R Dynamic
White
Oldbury (Birmingham)
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Strange, I would have thought your MY would have the revised seals fitted from new?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Fez

Post by Fez »

The bad design never resolved, it happen to MY18.5 as I drove it out the showroom and lowered the window to say good bye. Good cleaning of the waste sill is the only way to stop it happening.....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Tel

Post by Tel »

This should have been resolved as mentioned by Bob ages ago.

New re-designed waste seals were made available to dealers...had some fitted to mine. I guess they didn't get into some of the new build cars....strange?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Yes thanks to Tel, mine also had the new design waste seals by the same dealer. I didn't know anything about the TSB until he told me👍
Crazy the old style made its way into new cars still.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post