JLR Approved used - warranty reduced to 12 months

Anything F-Type related......
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Not sure if this has been covered here but just a heads up - as of 1st September, both Jaguar and Land Rover have reduced the approved used warranty and roadside assistance from 24 months down to 12 months

The approved used programme will also be extended to include vehicles up to 7 years old

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi, there was a post claiming it was being pulled altogether (a one time poster) about 2 months ago.
Is this an internal announcement only, as Jaguar website still says 2yrs and it's the 2nd Sept now.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I was in Guy Salmon Coventry (Landrover) yesterday, a salesman confirmed the changes

Not heard anything internally

Now states 12 months here;
used.jaguar.co.uk/commitment

Edits - looks like stratstone group have been one of the first to update their website:
stratstone.com/jaguar/approved-used/
Last edited by dbv6s on Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
basher

Post by basher »

David, I presume this only applies to "new" purchases from September '19, and not to cars already purchased?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. šŸ˜
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

basher wrote:David, I presume this only applies to "new" purchases from September '19, and not to cars already purchased?
Iā€™d have thought so - canā€™t see a way of backing out of an agreement already in place
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

basher wrote: ā†‘Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:07 am David, I presume this only applies to "new" purchases from September '19, and not to cars already purchased?
JLR could not change the terms of an existing warranty. You need have no worries there

More worrying to me is a cost saving excercise that tells me they have too much paid out, cannot fix root cause problems and are struggling
Goes against the grain of being a quality product and now selling secondary lower level warranties
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Saxmaster

Post by Saxmaster »

This is a worry for a potential buyer, Iā€™ve been looking for some time now, and with the perceived poor build quality the warranty was a huge attraction and safety net especially with ā€œmain dealer premiumsā€

But with a company seemingly not standing behind there product, I may be better suited staying with Porsche.

As I doubt prices from main dealers will reflect this change in there prices.
markoc

Post by markoc »

Newbie here - picked up a used Ftype from Hatfields on Friday.

Will post an intro in the appropriate section - but was surprised to hear from the sales guy about the change in warranty when I was collecting. Not sure I'd have bought it with the new "reduced" terms. Part of the attraction was the 2 year warranty and roadside stuff.

Having come out of Porsches (987S, 986S) I'd never be without a warranty.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Isnā€™t a 12 month warranty about standard?

Appreciate itā€™s now half what a lot of people on here are use to, but 12 months on a used vehicle seems ok

Warranty work costs millions (accept that warranty work could be pointed towards engineering faults in the first Place). They are just bringing themselves inline with other manufacturers

BMW - 12 months on approved used
Merc - 12 months on approved used

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

We get 24 months in NL, also in Germany, on approved used BMW..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag ā€“ 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post