Poor Headlights

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

All F-Types use a single xenon filament in them. The only caveat to that is if you have the cornering LED's as an option or you have the newer All LED headlamp.

With the Xenon headlamps there is plenty of movement for adjusting the normal dipped beam up without being a nuisance to other road users and as in my case, upgrade to Osram filaments that exactly match the white of the daytime running lamps - It's the difference between day and night...no pun intended!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©

sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

My 2013 V8S has Xenons. They're great, although can't hold a candle (pun not intended) to the LEDs that Jag offer.

To compare, my Impreza has Philips Brilliance which are passable compared to the Xenons, and my Merc R-class has the modern equivalent for candles in jam jars. They're shockingly bad.
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

sebby1990 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:33 am My 2013 V8S has Xenons. They're great, although can't hold a candle (pun not intended) to the LEDs that Jag offer.

To compare, my Impreza has Philips Brilliance which are passable compared to the Xenons, and my Merc R-class has the modern equivalent for candles in jam jars. They're shockingly bad.
Try a classic Land Rover for a true candles in jam jars experience πŸ˜‚
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

Chrissyg wrote: ↑Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:19 am
sebby1990 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:33 am My 2013 V8S has Xenons. They're great, although can't hold a candle (pun not intended) to the LEDs that Jag offer.

Try a classic Land Rover for a true candles in jam jars experience πŸ˜‚
Ah yes, I remember driving a friend's Defender greenlaning in the evening (as he was too pissed to drive it back to the campsite), and not seeing the tree I was about to crash into until it was directly in front of me!

I do quite like the cool blue light the Xenons throw out. There's something about that (legal) colour of headlight that just makes you feel a little Knight Rider (yes, I know KITT had incandescents).
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Bogrotter wrote: ↑Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:27 pm I'm surprised that this topic hasn't been discussed before - I've searched but no-one seems to have brought it up.
I'm not impressed with my headlights, particularly the main beam.
I travel along the M180 in Lincolnshire frequently which is an unlit motorway & am disappointed in the projection of the main beam.
I have a Skoda Octavia, my wife has a Yeti & both would literally blind the jag.
I've previously had Volvos which, again have so much better headlights than the F.
Does anyone else find this?
It may be that your beam is set too high. I've had a couple of flashes from other drivers at night as mine are a bit too high. The main beam is up in the sky so definitely need dropping.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

My only issue with the headlights is the ditzy auto-high beam assist. It will trigger is well lit areas and then can be really slow to react to oncoming traffic, compared to my C63.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post